• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

360 onboard view from 250mph turbine jet (YOU control the view)

dominicm

70cc twin V2
The first application of our new 360 camera. I attached it just behind the canopy of my turbine powered CARF Models UltraFlash sport jet. With its JetCat P160SX engine this jet will get to ~250mph.

This camera allows you the viewer to change the field of view both horizontally and vertically by using your pointer. Pan to the rear of the jet to see it climb out steeply or pan to the front to scorch across the strip. Enjoy !

Last edited:

dominicm

70cc twin V2
If you don't see the type of view seen in the thumbnail then it's likely your browser is not fully 360 video capable. Maybe because you are not on the latest or you are using an old operating system such as Windows XP. Otherwise if you mean 'distorted' compared to a regular camera then yes, but it's 360 panoramic. That's all part of it.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
If you don't see the type of view seen in the thumbnail then it's likely your browser is not fully 360 video capable. Maybe because you are not on the latest or you are using an old operating system such as Windows XP. Otherwise if you mean 'distorted' compared to a regular camera then yes, but it's 360 panoramic. That's all part of it.
I’m using the latest Google Chrome on my iPad. Here’s a few screen shots.

Is this the way it’s suppose to look?

D97A8671-A12C-417D-9B29-9D85D223303B.png
5FA58D87-94BF-407D-9406-6070EAB89479.png
301D6BF4-C97F-44A7-BE29-13A878A1600E.png

dominicm

70cc twin V2
No. It's showing you the whole 360 view. Should be about 1/3 of that in view. Can't explain why. I guess some browsers support it some don't. On my latest Chrome on Win10 on a desktop PC I am OK.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
No. It's showing you the whole 360 view. Should be about 1/3 of that in view. Can't explain why. I guess some browsers support it some don't. On my latest Chrome on Win10 on a desktop PC I am OK.
Thanks. I’ll have to check out the video again next time I’m on a desktop.