• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

35cc build help

Ok folks, I rarely get stuck on a problem, but I need help. Can I get opinions on the best way to handle cowl air outflow on this setup. I'm looking to keep it clean, but I'm not comfortable with the available outlet air on this cowling as is. I do not want to destroy the tunnel at the back of the cowl. Usually I just cut a big hole back there. Not an option this time. A good amount of cylinder head is exposed to open air. Please vote for one of these options, or offer up another:

1. Leave as is and you are confident the DLE 35RA won't overheat as is.

2. Suck it up and utout the canister tunnel vent holes in the belly.

3. Cut multiple angled slots on each side of the cowl bottom toward the rear.

Thanks for your time. image.jpgimage.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I would baffle the inside of the cowling as well to keep the airflow around the cylinder head fins since the inlet already appears to be kind of small. I hate to cut a larger hole into the inlet and outlet. It's too bad most Mfgrs don't supply you with a modification to create the 3:1 cooling ratio, so naturally it looks un-natural by the time you are done with it. I think you shouldn't ignore cooling over cosmetics, but that is just my personal opinion, unless the perfectionist in you wants to re-design the cowling...

Also, you dont want to pressurize the cowling. It will create a false atmospheric condition for your carburetor to perform ideally. So by cutting venting slots or adding louvers you will eliminate that issue.

Last edited by a moderator: