• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

120cc fuel consumption

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey all...I guess I was used to seeing the small sips of fuel on my 111's. What is the average norm of fuel usage on a 120cc sized motor? I realize I can't base a good judgement call from my 157 or 170.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
DA120, most of a 32oz tank in 10 minutes when new, after 3-4 gallons less than 3/4 tank in 10 minutes.
DLE120 and EME120 slightly less thirsty.
DA100, 100L and DLE111 average 13 minutes with plenty reserves in 10 minutes.
ZDZ112, 14 minutes more than 1/4 left of 32oz.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
DA120, most of a 32oz tank in 10 minutes when new, after 3-4 gallons less than 3/4 tank in 10 minutes.
DLE120 and EME120 slightly less thirsty.
DA100, 100L and DLE111 average 13 minutes with plenty reserves in 10 minutes.
ZDZ112, 14 minutes more than 1/4 left of 32oz.
Thanks Terry. I'm very glad you chimed in. Was hoping you would. So from what is being indicated, a new 124 cc using about 27-29 ounces in about 12 minutes is pretty normal?

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Depends nearly entirely on how you fly. You can use as little as half a tank circle flying or leave fumes doing full out smack down. Also prop, airframe drag etc. Sounds like you are pretty normal for sure.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Depends nearly entirely on how you fly. You can use as little as half a tank circle flying or leave fumes doing full out smack down. Also prop, airframe drag etc. Sounds like you are pretty normal for sure.
Truthfully, I've been trying very hard to break this 124. So full out smack down would be the likely choice here. By the way, my 107 Edge, 28x10 Falcon. Personally, I think it's right in the ball park. Just needed a little confirmation. Thank you.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Truthfully, I've been trying very hard to break this 124. So full out smack down would be the likely choice here. By the way, my 107 Edge, 28x10 Falcon. Personally, I think it's right in the ball park. Just needed a little confirmation. Thank you.

You bet! 28x10 is a great prop. I've been kinda hooked on the 28x9.5 and 28x9W for down low punch for 3D lately.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
You bet! 28x10 is a great prop. I've been kinda hooked on the 28x9.5 and 28x9W for down low punch for 3D lately.
I read that.... I was actually thinking about the 29x9W until I had heard about the 28x9.5. Now I am not sure what I want to go with.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I read that.... I was actually thinking about the 29x9W until I had heard about the 28x9.5. Now I am not sure what I want to go with.

I have a hard time telling the difference honestly, both are less "punchy" when trying to fly low and slow than the 28x10.