• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Your Package Arrived Smashed!!

Capt.Roll

70cc twin V2
image.jpg

LOL........don't really think this is going to shock anyone but no wonder many packages arrive at their destination with damaged contents.........not just our RC stuff.

Coming back from lunch I walked by the Ryder truck (UPS) and noticed the back of the van opened but no driver visible. I hear packages getting "moved" around in the van so I circle around the truck looking for a side door. I was going to check with the driver to see if he had notified our receiving clerk that he was outside as our receiving door had not been opened. As I returned to the rear of the truck the driver pops up amongst the packages. He said that he hadn't rang the door buzzer yet as he was still trying to find all our deliveries........LOL.

So for the driver to get into the interior of the van he just climbs over all the packages. I wonder if he is concerned where his feet, knees, elbows, etc. land as he is climbing around?

Last edited:
Wow! That is unbelievable! Wonder if it would do any good to send that to corporate, and ask if that is how they value customers?

Spats

100cc
That picture does not shock me at all.

UPS does NOT care. I try and use Fed Ex these days even though they are a couple $$ more and in fact I think good old USPS is way better than UPS. I have never had a problem with the government postal service, that's not to say they are perfect by any means. But I think UPS is the worst.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
I had a particularly chatty delivery guy one time as I was checking the condition of a box before signing......he said "yea, you have to check 'em out. If they get caught on the conveyors they have a pole with a hook and they yank them down".

Wonderful, next time I order an expensive fragile item I'll take that into consideration.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I have had the best luck with the USPS with just about everything. If you ship priority you get it in 3 days max usually and usually* the boxes are in pretty good shape. USPS also seem the cheapest when it comes to smaller items. It totally ticks me off when UPS says "attempted delivery customer not home" when I'm home waiting for the fricken thing, they've done that to me on more than one occasion....

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I have had the best luck with the USPS with just about everything. If you ship priority you get it in 3 days max usually and usually* the boxes are in pretty good shape. USPS also seem the cheapest when it comes to smaller items. It totally ticks me off when UPS says "attempted delivery customer not home" when I'm home waiting for the fricken thing, they've done that to me on more than one occasion....

You can liken that to McDees Burgers! "They Used To Be Good" UPS. EMS Through USPS is not so bad either when obtaining that less than perfect ARF from overseas!