• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Xpress does a BANSHEE build...

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Couple more flights today. Would have kept flying but I lost my tailwheel and didn't have a spare on hand :(

13096208_10210146966897587_2099308740473816093_n.jpg

I still have the wheel from my crash so I swapped that in and substituted the c-clip axle for a nut and a bolt, red threadlocked in place.

13062138_10210146967097592_7575527125968688682_n.jpg

I was going to try and move batteries and whatnot around inside of the airplane to shift the CG back slightly but with how I put it together, it doesn't look like that's going to happen very easily without some major rearranging inside. So instead I am just going to add an ounce or two of lead to the tail, probably glued inside of the rear spar. Normally I'd try to avoid that but an ounce is not going to hurt the airplane in any way.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Wow that's looking saweeeeet! I've often thought how cool it would be to put weight in the plane on a track, attach to a servo and then program it to a dial! You could change the flight characteristics mid flight!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
That's cool! I saw several buddies in the vid! Shout out to little Oliver that was in a few of the shots!

Bipenut53

150cc
That was in Wenatchee, I was there watching that flight, it was fun to watch! And that jet really got going great fun!

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
If you pay attention, even I made an appearance in that video. I was the hippie in the end wearing black with a camera around his neck :cool:

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh cool! I was there as well with my long hippie hair. I was the tent next to Supatim.

Bipenut53

150cc
I'm still trying to figure out how I missed you guys there, I was spending a lot of the time on the other side with California Joe and the Aztec crew....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
That's why! You were on the wrong side! :) I wish Joe was still active but I think he moved to Washington to intern and after loosing azhar I think that was the end for him. :-(