• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Scale Where's the builds?

Wacobipe

100cc
@Larry B, I felt the same way when I first came here but it is not that way, most here like a good build including myself. Problem is, one has to be willing to sit and funnel through everything to find the build. Each build is in it's separate section, and like most builders, I like a good build of anything. This is why I am pushing for a universal "Build" link to the building boards, so they can be seen/ found. Your build is a perfect example, I saw it once on the sidebar but don't remember where it is at or what it was titled so it basically don't exist to me. Not going through the whole site looking for it. But if I see it on the sidebar again I will look again. You are a fantastic builder and I know everyone would thoroughly enjoy your build.
@Bartman ...this!

Wacobipe

100cc
I have been a member of RCSB for many years but posting pictures is a real pain in the @$$! This site is so "user friendly" when it comes to posting a video or photos.
I have not started a new build thread on RCSB for my new project just for this reason, it takes me about 10 steps to get a photo on Mike's site.

I also seem to notice that there is not much interest on this site when it comes to a scale scratch build, most of the interest on this site seems to be with the 3D & IMAC stuff. I started a thread here for my new project but it hasn't sparked much interest, maybe because it won't hover?
@Bartman ... Perhaps a partnership to help RCSB (become part of us) have a better interface is an opportunity...I love RCSB content...hate the site.

BalsaDust

I joined rcsb a year or so ago prolly longer than that. Thing I hated is after like 10 posts if you want to keep posting you gotta pay.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I've been a member of rcsb for 10 years or so. I PayPal the $20 a year just to read the threads. The build threads there can be mind blowing. But posting is a pain. I can follow a multi year project there or a good Joe Hunt assembly thread here with equal interest but I prefer them separate. I do not like arf assemblies in build sections, keep them separate.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I joined rcsb a year or so ago prolly longer than that. Thing I hated is after like 10 posts if you want to keep posting you gotta pay.
I don't mind paying for good content, plus it helps keep the riff raff away. I have said before I would gladly pay here but like most, only if it is universal, but I am seriously considering becoming a sponsor, I like this site that much.

Last edited:

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@Bartman ... Perhaps a partnership to help RCSB (become part of us) have a better interface is an opportunity...I love RCSB content...hate the site.
Sorry brother but I don't think linking them is a good idea. Larry B and myself are just two examples of how much better this site is, just need to clean up the build section and more will come. I noted prior that others I know have came and looked but found sorting through just to see a build is a PITA and left.

WMcNabb

150cc
Last thought, then I'll leave it with the gurus here to decide...clearly there is an interest to do something.

Seems logical that Assemblies would be different from Builds. Add another Category to the screenshot below which says "Assembly Threads" or "Started Life as an ARF Threads", and put all of them there, i.e. IMAC, Jets, 3D, Scale, etc., just like "Build Threads" are today.

image.png

BalsaDust

I don't mind paying for good content, plus it helps keep the riff raff away. I have said before I would gladly pay here but like most, only if it is universal, but I am seriously considering becoming a sponsor, I like this site that much.
@Bartman sign this guy up. LOL. We can use all the sponsors we can get.

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
guys,

I'm in the middle of a five day trip but will be home Monday morning. Let me digest some of these ideas and sit with the site and a cup of coffee Monday afternoon and I'll see if I can come up with a solution. I see some good ideas that I like but let me chew on it the next couple of days and we'll see where we're at.

Thanks for the feedback, it's so much better when you guys are discussing what you like or don't like because then I don't have to guess!

Stay tuned,
Bart

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
@Bartman sign this guy up. LOL. We can use all the sponsors we can get.
@cbarnes0061, I will make you a deal. If something is done in regards to separating ARFS and builds, with all builds linked to one place, by the end of July I will become a Tier 3 sponsor and stay such as long as I participate on the site. Yes! I feel that strongly about builds, the ability to easily find them, and this superb site.

Last edited: