• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Yippee! What the postman brought

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Another productive day. The outside bench is done, most everything sitting on and under it goes in the RV. And inside, the build table is nearly done, it would be if I had not forgot the ply for the shelf and the wheels. So I am heading to HD to get those and might as well pic up the poplar and aspen while I'm there. I can't find anyone local to get the metal top so next week I'll have to make a trip to Tampa, eerrr I hate going there.
View attachment 106074 View attachment 106075
I just have to say, that is one heck of a "man cave". I had to go back an look at it again and I am thinking now, that just maybe...it really sucks to be you. "NOT"! Damn I am so jealous. LOL.

Just wait until the Bulldog is doing a center fold on it. Ohhh baby!!!
Center fold? Did you say "CENTER FOLD"? Oh I do likes me some center folds. 'Specially if they have "Hooters".
DSC_0098.jpg
DSCF1402.JPG

Sorry bro. Just couldn't resist. I love center folds! I sure wish I could have bought this before it got "snatched" up. So lets see some "Bulldog" center fold.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I just have to say, that is one heck of a "man cave". I had to go back an look at it again and I am thinking now, that just maybe...it really sucks to be you. "NOT"! Damn I am so jealous. LOL.

Center fold? Did you say "CENTER FOLD"? Oh I do likes me some center folds. 'Specially if they have "Hooters".
View attachment 106078 View attachment 106079
Sorry bro. Just couldn't resist. I love center folds! I sure wish I could have bought this before it got "snatched" up. So lets see some "Bulldog" center fold.

I was really bummed when I saw Jon posted this plane for sale. And even more bummed when he said he was getting out of the hobby. I always loved watching Jon fly the Big Hooters plane at all the local events. Sad day. :(

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I was really bummed when I saw Jon posted this plane for sale. And even more bummed when he said he was getting out of the hobby. I always loved watching Jon fly the Big Hooters plane at all the local events. Sad day. :(
I can't agree more. It is one thing to sell a plane to move on to something else. But to call it quits. Just don't seem right. But if you have noticed Mike, there are a ton of guys doing the same thing since the new ruling from Washington came down. Is it coincidental? Or is because of the ruling? Not really sure, but one thing is certain... we are now on more shaky ground than we have ever been. We see hobby shops suffer tremendously. We see them close all together. We see the hobby we have loved and nurtured, just as one of our own children. To watch her grow and become something so wonderful and great. A connection that brings people together. That makes these people.... friends. And makes these friends...our family. And slowly, we are losing something really very special. Damn I wish I could have bought that plane.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I got a new sensor delivered today, would not need replacements if I could stop breaking things. There should be other stuff delivered today but has not happened yet.

Attachments

• P1090024.JPG
    P1090024.JPG
    196.5 KB · Views: 345

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Well Fellas,

The postman brought me a little box of goodies today.
20181025_160250_resized.jpg

I was supposed to get a much bigger box this week as well, but instead I got an email from AJ Aircraft telling me their inventory was mixed up and the plane I ordered was not in stock even though the website said it was. Worst part is that the next shipment will be at least a couple of months away. . . . . . . . :cryin:. So a couple of these items will have to stay in the box for a while longer.:frown:

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Well Fellas,

The postman brought me a little box of goodies today.
View attachment 106442
I was supposed to get a much bigger box this week as well, but instead I got an email from AJ Aircraft telling me their inventory was mixed up and the plane I ordered was not in stock even though the website said it was. Worst part is that the next shipment will be at least a couple of months away. . . . . . . . :cryin:. So a couple of these items will have to stay in the box for a while longer.:frown:

Hope it does not take 6 months like my Pilot fuse did.....Like the Hyde mounts!

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hope it does not take 6 months like my Pilot fuse did.....Like the Hyde mounts!
Thanks Buddy,

At this point, 2 months or 6 months doesn't make too much difference to me either way. It's going to be next spring before I can fly the plane anyway. I like the Hyde mounts too. I already had one for my new AJ so I really didn't need them, but the price was right if you know what I mean. . . . :epic:. The same man sold me a complete NIB Hatori header & canister exhaust system for a YS170 Dingo as well. At the risk of being shamed off GSN for using a glow engine, that's exactly what I am going to put in the AJ. . . . . ;). The engine is going to be smooth, quiet and in a plane that will weigh +/- 13 pounds, it will just about pull the wing off the plane. . . . . :yesss:. Plus, with the help of the CDI ignition I have coming from Adrian at CH Ignitions, it should be fairly fuel efficient as well. It's a win win situation for me, especially since I already have the engine. . . . .:fist_pump:.