• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

What is YOUR RC Prediction For 2015?

SleepyC

150cc
Hey guys it's that time of year when we get to make predictions! Just a a few years ago on a completely different "network" I personally predicted the full on arrival of 30cc airplanes and BAM... they hit!

So what are your thoughts? What will 2015 hold in store for RC?

New radio systems? New engine sizes? The rise of a now small company? The fall of a once great empire?

Make your predictions NOW and we will return on Dec 31st 2015 and see who was right!

Me, I predict I will continue to see 70 hour work weeks and not much else in 2015...
I think we will see some new radio systems...

OK.. your turn!

garlandk

100cc
You will need a Commercial License to fly in R/C contest. That will finally give some of us a chance at winning them since "kids" cant compete in contest. :)

Anyway! I continue to see new products to come out to make it easier for the average person to learn to fly. Electrics have made it so much easier for me to teach new people at the field. A few club members still try to use "glow planes" Here I am flying all day and they are on the ground tuning the motor, have a bad glow plug or starter.

I also see new competitions coming up using FPV. I for one would love to see Red Bull style racing using FPV. Of course in smaller electrics and not the big gassers just yet!

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I predict GSN will take over the world! GSN Membership will grow ten fold in 2015:way_to_go:.
Also, I predict Sleepy and I will drink some epic brews at the 2015 Rolla GSN Throw Down.:cheers:

reyn3545

100cc
I don't fly FPV, but I would like to see the AMA adopt or support some formal FPV competition. There are lots of people out there doing good, creating things with the technology, and just a couple of a-holes that are trying to ruin it for the hobbyists. If there were something organized and competitive to do, I think it would go a long way to legitimize the products. Maybe something in 2015!

Also, I think we'll see telemetry go to the next generation... maybe a "home" setting that would have the plane land along the same horizontal line that it took off from when it goes into failsafe? That would be interesting.

njswede

150cc
2015 will be the year with the FAA releases the sUAS regulations. We'll see some kind of licensing for commercial operators, but nothing as crazy as what some people are predicting. No airworthiness certs or no full scale licenses will be needed, but there will be basic requirements of competency and skill. All good, if you ask me.

I foresee clubs folding and fields closing because airports will not want to deal with required coordination with RC activity within 5 miles. Fortunately I also foresee hundreds of fields successfully working with their nearby airports. I also foresee major retailers such as Best Buy realizing that there is serious money to be made from drone sales, and therefore entering into the arguments with the FAA. And finally, there will be thousands of complaints that the hobby is being ruined by ........

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I predict that the FAA's childish whining will go nowhere and people will ignore their 'rules and regulations'.

Quad copters ruin RC for all of us. I hate being like this, but it is the truth. The damned news and social media continually brand the name "drone" to the RC quad copters. And that is what pisses me off the most. I literally cringe when I hear a quad copter called a drone. I want to smack that idiot right square in the face and tell them how wrong they are.

Decal Dennis

TEAM EP&G
Quad copters ruin RC for all of us. I hate being like this, but it is the truth. The damned news and social media continually brand the name "drone" to the RC quad copters. And that is what pisses me off the most. I literally cringe when I hear a quad copter called a drone. I want to smack that idiot right square in the face and tell them how wrong they are.

Stupid media......You can't fix stupid or can you?