• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

What is the Dalton Extra SP?

I've heard a few guys talk about a Dalton extra that shares some of the characteristics of the Carden Pro, e.g. Thinner air foil, different canopy, etc. is this a real thing or is it just the ML plane on the website? I'm trying to decide on a plane for when I move up to advanced and this one keeps popping up in conversations.

Oh ok, I was told there were some other tweaks to the airframe. I like the single seat canopies better. I'm still torn between a carden pro and a Dalton ML, but the short canopy makes things point a little closer to the Dalton. Who knows, I'll be back to the Carden in a week... Lol

WMcNabb

150cc
I've seen a 300 Special built by @Fixed Wing which was a Carden with a single canopy and mid wing. Great looking airplane. He may have also done a Pro or two with a single place canopy.

Oh yes, I'm more than familiar with that particular build and plane. That thread is the reason I'm on the fence. I'm a pretty hardcore Dalton guy, but I feel like I need to build one of those.