• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

what is a motor glider?

Judge

70cc twin V2
Here is an example of a motor glider in manned aircraft:

http://www.diamond-air.at/single-engine-aircraft/hk36-super-dimona.html

For models we consider any normal type sailplane with a motor on it a motor glider. We fly them in Altitude Limited Electric Soaring (ALES) of F5J events.

The attached photo is my 4 meter ALES/F5J plane. 4 meter wing span with a Neu 1105/2.5 Y and a 6.7:1 gearbox with a 16 x 10 folding prop. Runs on 3S lipos and weight 56 ounces all up weight ready to fly. 6-servos airplane, aileron x 2, flaps x 2, rudder, elevator.

Attachments

• Pulsar.jpg
    Pulsar.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 673

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
all perfectly good answers but when it comes to RC a motor glider can mean one battery pack, a really beautiful day, a beach chair, sunglasses, and the most relaxing hour of RC flying you might ever enjoy in one flight. at least, that's what it means to me. :)

Bhughes

70cc twin V2
I just bought a multiplex glider the other day. Wow talk about quality verses the junky parkzone radian.

Judge

70cc twin V2
Here is a model of a very cool manned motor glider. Called the Windex. A frind of mine has a big scale model of this, 4 or 5 meters IIRC,

Attachments

• Windex.JPG
    Windex.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 711