• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Whale Blubber, what additional additives?

TiredOldMan

New to GSN!
When boiling down whale blubber for a high quality natural two stroke oil what other additives might be needed to permit ratios like 150-1 or less and still be able to tune ultra lean for maximum performance?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
break open the skull cavity and add two tablespoons of spermaceti for every hundred pounds of blubber

thepamster

70cc twin V2
When boiling down whale blubber for a high quality natural two stroke oil what other additives might be needed to permit ratios like 150-1 or less and still be able to tune ultra lean for maximum performance?
The only additive I can think of is a nice stiff drink of your favorite whiskey while you contact your 2-stroke engine mechanic about your recently fried engine.:)

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Funny! I does remind me of back in the day when GM used to sell Posi-traction additive that was whale oil. Nothing would quiet those noisy chattering 12 Bolts quite like it. They did have synthetic whale oil, but it just wasn't the same.;)

3Dchief

70cc twin V2
I would add an oz of Marvel Mystery Oil per 100 gallons of whale oil just to be safe! Think of it as an insurance policy!:way_to_go:

Funny! I does remind me of back in the day when GM used to sell Posi-traction additive that was whale oil. Nothing would quiet those noisy chattering 12 Bolts quite like it. They did have synthetic whale oil, but it just wasn't the same.;)

Is that why it smelled so bad?

rab879

30cc
I used to be a Kendall Oil distributor and we sold whale oil additive for limited slip diffs. Stunk like hell!