• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Was 3dhs email hacked

I received a strange email today and it was from Jared Clark. If it is him I have no problem sending him some cash to help out but seems a little fishy. Here's what it said.

Hello,
Hope you get this on time, We made a trip to Philippines and had our bags stolen from us with our phones and credit cards in it. The embassy is willing to help by letting us fly back home since we still have our passports, We just have to pay for our ticket and settle Hotel bills. Unfortunately for us, I don't have access to funds without my credit card, I've made contact with my bank but they need more time to come up with a new one. I was thinking of asking you to lend me ($2,850USD) that I can give back as soon as We get home. We really need to be on the next available flight. I'm so confused at the moment I need urgent help.
Money Gram is the best option to send money to us. Let me know if you need my details(Full names and Present location) you can also reach me via email.I will forever be grateful if you can help me
All hopes on you.

Best Regards

Jared Clark
Team 3DHS

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
that looks a lot like his email was hacked
can anyone call him to see if he's in the US and ok?

Spats

100cc
LMAO, I have received that exact email from a couple people in the last few weeks. Their email was hacked.

I find it odd I have never sent a email to Jared Clark. But just yesterday I sent a email to 3dhs for a canopy replacement for my damaged 108 extra. That's why I originally figured 3dhs was hacked. Maybe the hackers are erasing my emails cause I very rarely get a returned email.

Robotech

70cc twin V2
I find it odd I have never sent a email to Jared Clark. But just yesterday I sent a email to 3dhs for a canopy replacement for my damaged 108 extra. That's why I originally figured 3dhs was hacked. Maybe the hackers are erasing my emails cause I very rarely get a returned email.
Hacked isn't really the proper term. Compromised is more accurate. All he has to do is change his email password. Hopefully, one of the recipients let him know. Pretty common with free email accounts.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Josh, I have a really bad addiction and I need help and I hear the only way to survive is to just deal with it. Will you please lend me $1350 for a new DA120, er, I mean treatment.......yea that's it.

Cash check money order, hell I don't care.