• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys - TELINK 48" EPP Extra 330 SC

hone

150cc
Looking good hone1er :cool:

Thank you! I just want to say how awesome you guys at TH are. I bought my fiirst 3D plane from you guys a little over a year ago and it got me hoooked! I wouldn't have learned any of the stuff I can do now without your planes!

So thanks for all your awesome products and keep up the good work!

rod.d

New to GSN!
so how is the durability of the removable wing as compared to the fixed wing? this is pretty cool...

hone

150cc
I think the durability is just as good. The wing tube is a solid rod so you aren't going to break that thing. I built this plane for a friend so i only flew it for a week or two before bringing it to him.

If you like a lot of power i'd upgrade the motor to something besides the 78g motor it came with. It did come out a little nose heavy with the 78g motor though. It's a fun plane though.

rod.d

New to GSN!
I have the power setup from my 42" Slick that includes the 103g Omega, I was thinking it would work in this. But you think it is nose heavy with a 78g? Maybe not then... The site says up to a 100g motor though.

hone

150cc
I know that Ido used a 100 gram dualsky motor so it should work. I was using 3s 2200s, i think it would be better with 1600-1800s. If you have some of the smaller packs and bigger motor it should balance the same and have a lot more power.

SnowDog

Here is a flight in some pretty good winds with a crash landing :p

Nice....wind surfing and a walk of shame at the end (walking out to pick up a plane after landing qualifies as a walk of shame...all in good fun ;))

that thing really handles the wind pretty well!

wedoitall

Nice....wind surfing and a walk of shame at the end (walking out to pick up a plane after landing qualifies as a walk of shame...all in good fun ;))

that thing really handles the wind pretty well!

Ha! I had the same walk today with my wattaplane, try to do something prolly alil ahead of my skill set. cracked the motor box in the process. makes 2 planes ive torn up in about 2 weeks. never as much put a scratch on one before then. :(

3DMad5

50cc
Why won't it harrier?

I just maidened my Extra, but I'm having a really hard time getting it to harrier how I want it to. It keeps either flying normally (albeit slightly upwards), or going into so severe a harrier that it's basically hovering and I can't control it, because I don't have that high a skill level yet. Any tips?