• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys / RC Factory's Brand New 36" EPP FLASH NG, "Official Build Thread"

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Mine was the TH stock package.

Yours will be lighter, so my happiness will be only a fraction of yours.

I had a "who can fly slowest" contest.

Clik flies slower than a champ but can't quite match a vapor

And fully aerobatic

JohnB

New to GSN!
Just completed my build, still have to complete the install of the electronics and setup rates and throws.

I tried Tac-Foam this time instead of Welders because Welders turns yellow with age.

I did not notice in your build instructions where you actually hot glued the servos, maybe I missed it. I did that just before installing push rods.

I noticed that the aileron push rods were a very loose fit in the clevis and there was a piece of heat shrink tubing in the hardware bag that was about the length of the two white inserts for the thin push rods. I cut the heat shrink in half and used one piece on each end of the aileron push rod, shrunk it, then placed in clevis and added CA.

I normally use a small piece (about 1" x 1") of BlendTerm on the hinge line at each end of all the movable surfaces. Apply a little Welders (or Foam-Tac) and while still wet apply the BlendTerm. This helps prevent tearing at the hinge line.

I have not cut the slot for the 600mA battery yet, will do that after electronics are in final position. My best guess is that it will be in about the same position shown in your build log.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
FWIW

I get 5 minutes indoor with a TH 250 mah 2s.

600mah might be weight that will lower flight performance but adds flight minutes.

Your mileage may vary

AKfreak

150cc
Just completed my build, still have to complete the install of the electronics and setup rates and throws.

I tried Tac-Foam this time instead of Welders because Welders turns yellow with age.

I did not notice in your build instructions where you actually hot glued the servos, maybe I missed it. I did that just before installing push rods.

I noticed that the aileron push rods were a very loose fit in the clevis and there was a piece of heat shrink tubing in the hardware bag that was about the length of the two white inserts for the thin push rods. I cut the heat shrink in half and used one piece on each end of the aileron push rod, shrunk it, then placed in clevis and added CA.

I normally use a small piece (about 1" x 1") of BlendTerm on the hinge line at each end of all the movable surfaces. Apply a little Welders (or Foam-Tac) and while still wet apply the BlendTerm. This helps prevent tearing at the hinge line.

I have not cut the slot for the 600mA battery yet, will do that after electronics are in final position. My best guess is that it will be in about the same position shown in your build log.

Yeah the hot glue was very last. What I did was power the plane up and find where the servo move in the slots when the control surfaces were deflected. then I held the servo in plane and put a dab where the servo moved. Not a lot. just a dab. Let the glue cool, and check for movement again.

As to the control arms, I used ca in the brass fittings to the control rods. I dont remember any Heat shrink, but if it work then I would use it ;)

JohnB

New to GSN!
Electronics and throws setup, ready for maiden.

My all up weight with 3S 600mAh Crack Series LiPo is 314g.

I normally mount the batteries for my TH aircraft in a slot cut in the fuselage, however when I checked the lateral balance (prop shaft in drill press vise) I noticed that the right wing tip was lower than the left. I decided to mount the battery on the left side of the vertical fuselage to eliminate the need for a small weight on the left wing tip. This corrected the lateral balance issue. The back of my battery is just about at the CG, further back than the recommended setting in the build log.

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Uncle Z

New to GSN!
This is the first time I have written on a forum, so I don't even know if I'm doing it right. I cannot find, on the Flash NG build where and when you glue the servos in. I went and bought a hot glue gun and now I don't know when to glue the sevos in. I have just attached all servo arms. Please help

alawson999

70cc twin V2
You did it right- welcome

Another forum member, [MENTION=3014]AKfreak[/MENTION], did a build thread on the NG,

His build threads are excellent

Find it, most likely your build questions will be answered.

If not, ask him directly

Tell us how it Flys when you are done!