• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbys Owner's Thread!!

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Think I will be ready for a first flight tommorrow.

Just need to tidy up some wires and do the blenderm/welders re-ibforcements on the hinge lines.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Maiden flight today successful.

How successful?

Felt good enough to do a knife edge loop on flight #1. ;-)

As always with a new plane, lots of trimming and tuning yet to go, but lots of fun straight away.

Built with standard components and the carbon fiber upgrade. Only deviation was the control linkages - those tiny things made me crazy, so I used Dubro 2-56 clevis and ball link method that served me well in the past.

One question - on all my other TH airframes, once I determine best battery location, I use the "thru hole" method, backed up with a small velcro strap. Same plan OK with the 39" airframe? Seems like lateral balance would be better ...

Bloosee

70cc twin V2
Maiden flight today successful.

How successful?

Felt good enough to do a knife edge loop on flight #1. ;-)

As always with a new plane, lots of trimming and tuning yet to go, but lots of fun straight away.

Built with standard components and the carbon fiber upgrade. Only deviation was the control linkages - those tiny things made me crazy, so I used Dubro 2-56 clevis and ball link method that served me well in the past.

One question - on all my other TH airframes, once I determine best battery location, I use the "thru hole" method, backed up with a small velcro strap. Same plan OK with the 39" airframe? Seems like lateral balance would be better ...

Congrats on the maiden! The 39" CY is a really good flying plane. I don't have one but my buddy does, I found it to compare favorably with the Telink 43" planes.

alawson999

70cc twin V2
I probably have 40 flights now, so everything is settling out.

I found the horizontal stab had drifted a few degrees out out square after the build. ( it was square before first filght).

Decided that I needed a bit of triangle stock bracing index the stab, and a couple of 6 inch x 1 mm cf rods that tie the cf in the main body to flush under the horizontal stab .

Used my machinist squares, it is dead on square now.

Didn't shift cg enough for me to detect it, and I am pretty picky...

Pleased now, just flying and enjoying

Still can't k e spin, but that is just me, every airframe seems to need something different, but I haven't cracked the code yet

Maybe tommorrow

;-)

FWIW, I have my 850mah pack longways in a thru-fuse slot over the wing. The batt is centered just aft of the spar by about 1/2".. but all batts differ in shape... Flying a TP 850 that's pretty high output.... Nice plane! :thumbup:

Last edited by a moderator:
Night time is the right time when it's hot as heck every day... hangin' at the field with about 10,000 mosquitoes ... LOL

[video=youtube;n4941jkPccs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4941jkPccs[/video]

Tbos

30cc
I've just finished the crack yak 32. It seems to be exceptionally tail heavy, even after a session with the cg machine. (Applying throttle caused the tail to drop).

If I balance it right side up it appears to balance at 210mm. If I balance it inverted, it will not balance unless the battery is hanging off the nose of the plane.

It's kind of fun to fly this way, but I would like to get it balanced. :)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
Any help appreciated. See photos.

uploadfromtaptalk1441138243629.jpg

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
I've just finished the crack yak 32. It seems to be exceptionally tail heavy, even after a session with the cg machine. (Applying throttle caused the tail to drop).

If I balance it right side up it appears to balance at 210mm. If I balance it inverted, it will not balance unless the battery is hanging off the nose of the plane.

It's kind of fun to fly this way, but I would like to get it balanced. :)

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.
Any help appreciated. See photos.

View attachment 36218
Can you show us where you placed the esc and receiver? A couple more pics might help! Did you use the TH power combo?

Edit: ok I see where the esc is... It's not uncommon to cut a hole in the main fuse for the battery... I'll grab a pic of what I did on my crack pitts... one sec.