• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

Twisted Hobbies 30" EPP Crack Pitts M12 Biplane Yellow

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
P1010468edit.jpg

Description:

Twisted Hobbys is proud to offer the new Crack Pitts M12 biplane to our Crack Series of small EPP aircraft!

The new Crack Pitts evolved from a very extensive design effort which started with the same formula and design concepts that created Chris Jewett's renowned Crack Yak. It then added RC Factory's extensive experience with F3P biplane design and production, and topped it off with Twisted Hobbys team member and design engineer Cody Wojcik refining the flight envelope and fine tuning the airframe to achieve an incredibly precise yet extremely capable aircraft that we are positive is the absolute best small EPP biplane on the planet!

In the Crack lineup, the Crack Pitts is the smooth, calm and stable aerobatic master to the Crack Yak's high functioning insanity, with the Extra Slick offering a feeling more similar to a smaller balsa 3D airplane. In comparing the Crack Pitts to the Crack Yak many have said the Pitts can feel like a Crack Yak in slow motion.

Designed from the outset to enhance preciseness, the enormous ailerons of the Crack Pitts provide a brisk roll rate when you want it. The generous side area in the airframe means that directional stability is enhanced and KE flight requires very little rudder. Knife edge loops are extremely tight and coupling is zero! In addition to its exceptional flight qualities it will become a legend in learning tool durability and fly-it-anywhere usability. The Crack Pitts is truly at home anywhere from the gym, to the front yard and all the way to the flying club!

Keeping true to Twisted Hobbys exceptional level of prefabrication, you will find all control surfaces are pre-hinged, with laser cut control horns, high quality printing, unique rigid yet light weight EPP construction design, adjustable end links for ease of fine tuning and all hardware needed to construct each model. In addition to what you have come to expect from Twisted Hobbys quality, you will find new construction methods for biplane rigidity resulting in an extremely clean looking final aircraft without any need for external bracing and vastly improved durability over other EPP biplanes.

Specs:
Wingspan = 30"
Length = 32"
AUW = 7 3/4oz (weight with 2s 25c 450mah and optional land gear installed)
Landing Gear, Spinner and Power System sold separately.
Pdf manual and Power Combo links below.

Recommended:
(2) 5-9g servos (rudder/elevator)
(1) 9-11g servo (aileron)
Out-runner 23-30g 50-110watts
12A ESC
2s-3s 450-600mah lipo battery
2s w/ 9x4.7 or 3s w/ 8x4.3 prop (running 3s with anything larger then a 8†prop may damage motor or esc.
Welder Adhesive Glue

Links:
http://twistedhobbys.com/TH-30-EPP-Crack-Pitts-M12-Biplane-Yellow-TH-Crack-Pitts-M12-Yellow.htm

Videos:
[video=youtube;iRJBmp9j8gY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=iRJBmp9j8gY[/video]
[video=youtube;nB6iDjNQCmY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nB6iDjNQCmY[/video]

Additional Pics:
P1010469edit.jpgP1010471edit.jpgP1010474edit.jpg

Official 3DRCForums Build Thread Coming Soon!

Here's my new video of flying this Crack Pitts I just got. Thanks goes out to Brad at Twisted and to all you guys and gals here. Hope you enjoy!!!

[video=youtube;eqrJUeGRLuM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqrJUeGRLuM[/video]

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
So that's what my TH Pitts can do!!! LOL I take it that thing is on 3s! Great flying buddy.

Yep, 3S 360mah is what I like.

Won't be around for a few days. Going to hang at Nall. Leaving like 4 a.m. Sunday. Wish us safe travels and stuff. We will have vids when we return... guaranteed!

syzyguy

50cc
Ohh I didn't see this vid till today =( Agreed, good flying. The Crack Pitts is my favorite plane for back yard shenanigans as well ... I'll wake up in the morning and toss 4 batteries through before going to work if it isn't windy, and maybe another set at night lit up to clear my head before bed. Practice makes perfect and such.

Syzyguy, yeah, it's the first plane I pick up right now pretty much unless it's too windy (then I grab a 39). The Pitts can tumble and rolls are crisp. Very well behaved.