• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Transmitter Gimbal Settings... need your thoughts!

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
My gimbals on the 8FG super seem really tight which I know I can adjust but it kinda posed the question in my head... What is the optimum settings for gimbals? I know it's probably a preference thing but thought I would pose the question anyway!

What are your preferences for gimbal adjustment?

dougb

50cc
Depends on aircraft - heli's = lighter spring tension; planks = tight enough to feel aileron center when pushing inverted.

Total feel thing - I pinch so I probably run lighter spring tension than most thumbers.

Doug B.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Thanks Doug... I thumb it and know this is way too much tension. My thumbs would be soooo tired after a day of flying....

dougb

50cc
Oh ya, that's another sign ... cramps after a full day of flying? Maybe loosen the stick tension a bit.
Or hit the gym and build up your thumbs. LOL

Doug B.

My gimbals on the 8FG super seem really tight which I know I can adjust but it kinda posed the question in my head... What is the optimum settings for gimbals? I know it's probably a preference thing but thought I would pose the question anyway!

What are your preferences for gimbal adjustment?
I prefer my sticks not super tight but not heli loose, kinda in the middle I guess. This is how my gimbals go
throttle - loose with lite clicking
aileron - tight enough to feel a little clunk every time you pass elevator center
elevator - same tension as aileron
rudder - tighter then aileron, this helps if you tend to play with the throttle

I would recommend to just play around with it until you find something that you really like.

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey Charlie... That's what I was thinking as well. I've just never flown with tight gimbals and I think it would drive me nuts.

Bbcorvette18

70cc twin V2
I'm just a stick bashing dumb thumber so I've never paid attention really lol. I probably like mine a bit tight and too much expo lol

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I like to keep my stick tension towards the minimal side and no ratchet on the throttle.