• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Tips/Secrets for non-destructive Harrier Landings?

djmoose

70cc twin V2
Joe, can you help me out on how to get those nice smooth harrier landings? Unfortunately, there is no 3 mistakes high to practice...

Thanks in advance!

moose

Joe, can you help me out on how to get those nice smooth harrier landings? Unfortunately, there is no 3 mistakes high to practice...

Thanks in advance!

moose

Hey Moose,

There are really two different ways to do a harrier landing. One way is to basically just bring the plane in doing a harrier, keep bringing it lower and lower, when the rudder is just an inch or so above the ground, chop the throttle and the plane will land. This can be ruff on planes so I only do it when there is some wind though.

The second way is to transition back to level flight right before touch down. When you are in a harrier, just practice reducing the elevator and increasing the throttle to get back to slow level flight. When you are comfortable with this, bring it low and when you are transitioned to level flight, allow the plane to touch down. When you transition from harrier flight to slow speed level flight, you will probably experience some wing rock so be ready to correct with the ailerons.

Joe