• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Thoughts on MKS HV777 and Savox SV-1270TG

I'm going to start collecting servos for my Dalton 300 I'm building. I was wanting to know what people have to say about the MKS HV777 and the Savox SV-1270TG. Both are about the same power and both feature Titanium gears. So what do you prefer or have to say about either servo?

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I had some 777s about 6 years ago. Smoothest gear train of any servo I have ever owned. Had a couple of pots go bad but they never developed any slop in the gear train. Wish I had held on to them.

How loud are the 777's. I know it is silly but I had the Savox 1270,s I think it was 1270'so and it was annoying how loud they were at idle on the ground.

Terryscustom

640cc Uber Pimp
How loud are the 777's. I know it is silly but I had the Savox 1270,s I think it was 1270'so and it was annoying how loud they were at idle on the ground.

Mine are all silent minus the weight of the surface. Then only a hum, not the chatter you may be thinking of.

mnfatboy

50cc
I don't think you will be disappointed. My shop sell both of them and I use both. The Savox 1270s are good servos but for the price difference you can't beat quality of the MKS. The tolerance on the MKS gear train and output spline are very tight and they are one of the quietest servos that I have used. If you want to check one out let me know.

camss69

70cc twin V2
I was really impressed with the gear train on the 777's out of the box. Compared to say the Hitec Ti gears which feel all gritty when moved hand, the MKS gears are some of the smoothest you will ever feel. They aren't any louder than any JR servo I've used, in fact they might be the quietest of all I've used. I just bought some Savox 1267's and 1268's for anothe project and they are easily the loudest servos I've ever installed.

My big test when I buy servos is centering, I can't stand a servo that won't center and the MKS servos appear to center great.