• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
nope, there was a CG chipmunk mostly built that someone took though. There was a box for plans of a 87" Chipmunk... no Idea the MFGR. Just looked online and I cannot find a 87" chipmunk.

They had a garage sale this morning. Don't think the kits were looked at too hard. The grandson said they are going to try and sell a few kits and the end of this week will call me and another guy to take away what's left.
It there a Dynoflite Chipmunk in the collection.

So I got the 87" chippy plans. They are Bob Nelitz 1/5 scale plans. Fun to look at, but no way I'd ever scratch build something like this with that huge bubble canopy.
https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=94391&mode=search

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
So I got the 87" chippy plans. They are Bob Nelitz 1/5 scale plans. Fun to look at, but no way I'd ever scratch build something like this with that huge bubble canopy.
https://aerofred.com/details.php?image_id=94391&mode=search
Chipmunks are not easy to build and a 87 inch Chipmunk is a small plane because the Chipmunk wing is long. The only one I would build is the Pepsi one with the wide cowl because the military one is very narrow difficult to fit an engine in. And yes you have to be able to get the canopy. They are great fliers.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Bought some replacement servo cases to rebuild the 7, 9380's in my 105 Laser. 400+ hard flights on the servos and they're finally ready for some reworking. But the wind was howling 20-25mph and it was drizzling constantly and temps were in the 40's- for this SoCal boy that works outside, that was a no-go on getting the servos out of the airplane o_O

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Bought some replacement servo cases to rebuild the 7, 9380's in my 105 Laser. 400+ hard flights on the servos and they're finally ready for some reworking. But the wind was howling 20-25mph and it was drizzling constantly and temps were in the 40's- for this SoCal boy that works outside, that was a no-go on getting the servos out of the airplane o_O

Why do you replace the cases? Just wondering :confused:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Guys just a quick question, what is the difference between a DLE and DLA. Spoke to a person at the field was claiming a lot of things about the DLE.