Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. stangflyer

stangflyer I like 'em "BIG"!

Yep, that sounds about like the same service that I received on my Airman Wheels. She actually tried to blame it off on Dubrow tires changing the size of their tires. As you know, the Airman Wheels ReliOn Dubrow tires for the tread. I also got two wheels that were different sizes. Not only in diameter but in with as well. If I were to make a guess, and don't quote me but I think it is either her brother or her husband that does all of the wheel Machining. I myself and very disappointed in their service and quite honestly if I could find someone that machine nice aluminum wheels, I certainly would no longer waste my time with Airman. Wow, after hearing how many flights that motor has on it I am actually impressed. However, I think I would still look at oil brand and oil mixture as well as baffling. I can see an engine just simply wearing out from use. But to self-destruct and detonate from the inside seems a little obscure to me.
    I almost forgot. One of the thing regarding the wheels. Have you checked the esm aluminum wheels? They are actually very nice and fairly light. The only thing that I do not like about them is that they are fairly narrow. But I can understand why since they are made more for warbirds and jets than anything. I see also that robart is now machine very nice spoke wheels. And not too terribly priced either. I have seriously been considering giving them a try. If I don't like the rubber composition they use for the tires, I will simply order up a set of do rose and replace them like I have done on the Airman.

Luchnia and Jetpainter like this.
  2. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for the info on wheels. I like the robert wheels look good and the price is not outrageous, will take a look at them. Have you ever had wheels from White Rose. Oil ration that this motor was run on 30:1 he did that ratio is because his radials run that ratio. One thing I am going to have a good look at his propeller and check the balance. Will keep you informed

3. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Today was my last day of doctor imposed R&R after having some outpatient laser surgery Monday. I did manage to hobble down to the workshop yesterday and finish the fuel tank and landing gear work on Miss Moana.

20180919_100222_resized.jpg 20180918_192903_resized.jpg 20180918_192947_resized.jpg 20180919_100336_resized.jpg

I still need to prime and paint the left elevator, then she'll be done.

4. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Say what you may that is one of a kind. Just nice to a plane that nobody has just beautifully done. Not the fastest cannot do 3D but but just great to look at fly around on a Sunday.
    Just had a thought while looking at the cowl the plane needs to be enlarged so that a Valach 250 radial will fit.

Jetpainter likes this.
  5. Jetpainter

Today I pulled the cowl off my Pilot Edge to try and find out why it's so hard to start. I did find out that the custom aluminum choke arm I made was a little loose, so just maybe the choke wasn't closing all the way. I'm probably not that lucky.;)

I should have a new fuel tank for it tomorrow or Friday so I can get it back together. I may try to fly it Sunday to see if it's any better.

20180919_152617_resized.jpg 20180919_163146_resized.jpg

stangflyer, 49dimes, AKNick and 4 others like this.
  6. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Like those carb arms you made :attaboy:. Very nice! Now your Edge is a different story. Seller remorse slaps hard :msn_slap:.

stangflyer and Jetpainter like this.
  7. HRRC Flyer

HRRC Flyer GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Hey @Snoopy1
    I have a couple of sets of White Rose wheels. They may not be the lightest and they are a little pricey, but they are AWESOME wheels IMHO. . . . . :yesss:

stangflyer, Snoopy1, WMcNabb and 2 others like this.
  8. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Got the air speed indicator and TM1000 installed in the Avanti. Had to go a different route with using two remote receivers. Had to use an AR8000 and single remote with a y harness to feed the Aura 8 and TM1000.

20180921_072139_001.JPG 20180921_072253_002.JPG 20180921_072833_003.JPG 20180921_073225_001.JPG

Alky6, Snoopy1, stangflyer and 4 others like this.
  9. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 640cc Uber Pimp

Canada
    Thanks for that they do look good how well do the bushings stand up.

10. Jetpainter