• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
Well the little 50cc 3D plane is almost done. All that still needs to be is pickup the servo regulator from the LHS and be installed. Then I can setup the radio and just wait for some good weather with very little wind for a plane like this plane.
Well with that plane virtually done I am looking for something new to build and something interesting, not a 3D plane build a number of them now and not a cub or anything with retractable gear.

Stearman!!!

Bluepilot2003

70cc twin V2
This last week I made a twin for my racing quad! Since you need to have two for races in case one decides to take a quick dirt nap.
6ecd1737874665c772557b5bc8eef7e2.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yippie!!! New wheel pants for the big Sukhoi.
20180505_233409.jpg

Seems I am replacing these guys once a year. A slight scratch here, a bit of crack there... never ends. But thankfully Horizon Hobby is staying on top of the ball with replacement parts for the 3.1 Hangar 9 Sukhoi. 33 bucks is a meager pittance to pay to keep your bird looking pristine.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Hey@Snoopy1, if by chance you are interested in a Stearman email me.
Yes I like The Stearman but if I did do a Stearman it would have to big enough to fit a Moki 180 radial minimum. And right now at this time it is not in the budget and Do not have the means to get it to the field. Thanks for the offer anyway.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well my flying buddy and I were on our way to do something with his aluminum plane trailer I belive it is 7 by 16 or 18 feet. Well anyway we on our way the weather was bad and the wind was up to 60 mph. Well we were on our way and the next thing we new The trailer was upside down in the ditch. The trailer flipped over broke loose from the truck snapped both chains. We were both dumb founded standing on the side of the road looking at the trailer in the ditch, we could not belive that it happened but it did. Luckily no planes inside. But all I can say these super light aluminum trailers do not work good In very windy conditions.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Yes I like The Stearman but if I did do a Stearman it would have to big enough to fit a Moki 180 radial minimum. And right now at this time it is not in the budget and Do not have the means to get it to the field. Thanks for the offer anyway.
The 180 would fit.....If I were to ever get to building it that is what I would use.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok what do you have hidden away in your collection of biplanes. It has to be a nice big Stearman from some one.
Bob Dively 1/4 Super Stearman, and I have to say it is a sweet kit. I have thought of getting rid of it a number of time's but it is still here beckoning for some bench time. One day I'll get to it, maybe.....My biggest hold back is I don't want a Moki so kind of waiting for Valach to come out with a smaller version of their radials, right now they have a 250 and a 420.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well my flying buddy and I were on our way to do something with his aluminum plane trailer I belive it is 7 by 16 or 18 feet. Well anyway we on our way the weather was bad and the wind was up to 60 mph. Well we were on our way and the next thing we new The trailer was upside down in the ditch. The trailer flipped over broke loose from the truck snapped both chains. We were both dumb founded standing on the side of the road looking at the trailer in the ditch, we could not belive that it happened but it did. Luckily no planes inside. But all I can say these super light aluminum trailers do not work good In very windy conditions.

Holy Smokes! That is scary! Glad no one got hurt. Hope insurance takes care of it.