Welcome To GiantScaleNews.com

GSN is the BEST in an RC online community. Less corporate BS and more down home fun. Better conversations with REAL RC'ers. Don't settle for the biggest when you can have the best!
  1. If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Discussion in 'Giant / Scale RC General Discussions' started by Xpress, Sep 13, 2014.

1. dhal22

dhal22 GSN Sponsor Tier 1

Always great service from Chad at taildragger RC.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  2. Jetpainter

Jetpainter 640cc Uber Pimp

Or else stop playing in the wind to see just how slow you can land and have the wind suddenly quit.:oblong:

49dimes, thurmma, Snoopy1 and 3 others like this.
  3. Luchnia

Luchnia 70cc twin V2

Been dealing with Taildragger for some things for a number of years now. Their A123 batteries are top notch.

49dimes, Snoopy1 and pawnshopmike like this.
  4. dhal22

many years ago i kept my eagle II(?) trainer just for windy days and zero ground speed landings.

thurmma, Snoopy1, 49dimes and 4 others like this.
  5. 49dimes

49dimes Damn I'm hungry

Loved the Eagle II! Built two of them. First one as a basic 4ch trainer and the second I added flaperons and a nose-wheel brake for STOL action. Flew it with the old 72mghz FM Futaba super 7 which had flaperon mixing. Best Trainer Ever IMO. Loads of fun.

dhal22, js-rc, Snoopy1 and 2 others like this.
  6. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Quick question to you gentleman that Owen a 120cc size aerobatic aeroplanes my ViperST wing is 13 inches at the wing tip cord and 25 inches at the root cord and 48 inches long. Looking at a set of wing bags but would like to know the size of a 12occ size aeroplane. Because if a buy another plane it will be a 120 size and the ViperST is a 100cc size , just trying to cover all the bases. Thanks.

7. The Uproar is ready for maiden! It has been slow going since my last post until today. The wife and kids were at school and I had today off. So got the day to myself to finish her up:) The second picture is showing how I made sure the elevator halves were perfectly matched when I glued them on. I needed to add 4.5 oz to the tail to get it to balance. I set up the throws on low and mid for the recommended rates and my high rates are as far as the surfaces could go before binding. All up weight is around 8.5 lbs. We shall see how the Evolution engine does very soon... [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

js-rc, Jetpainter, HRRC Flyer and 5 others like this.
  8. I ran the Evolution engine this morning for the break in tank. 8 oz tank going from idle to mid throttle for over 45 minutes and the tank still isn't gone. I figured that was long enough to annoy the neighbors on a Saturday morning... mid throttle super rich was pulling about 6500 rpm with the recommended 13x6 prop for the first few tanks.

9. dhal22

Yes, i liked it better than the Kadet, here's the plane 30 years after I built it. It hasn't flown it in a long time of course.

20171111_131341.jpg

10. Snoopy1

Snoopy1 150cc

Canada
    Well boys this is what happens when you sit in your workshop and looking at things and not really having a project. So took a perfectly good flying aeroplane and decided that it would be a lot better with a twin. So out comes the DA85 and it will be replaced by a DA100L.

5D0A750B-77A9-415B-B045-45A7788083CB.jpeg 36978EE1-D910-453D-8993-200EB5952A83.jpeg