• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Exactly the kind of people that they were dealing with. It is to bad that a few people will cause good companies to close their doors.

I don't think I'm really at liberty to divulge the whole situation but Joe had his hands completely full aside from ZDZ, which is partly why he passed ZDZ on.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
Takes both sides to make the coin whole. I try harder than ever now days to see the whole coin from all angles and not assume things. I have been on both sides as customer and business owner. I was on the business side for most of my life and have learned a lot of lessons.

There are some customers that will do their utmost to destroy you any way they can. I will be the first to admit a business owner is not free from errors. We certainly all make mistakes at one time or the other and running a business takes a lot of commitment. One can only imagine the commitment involved in taking on a line of RC engines. It is almost like saying, "Hey you got a headache? Give it to me." There is good and bad on both sides of the fence.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Ok need some advice have a couple of planes lying around and would like get working on them and get them into the air. One is the Funtana 125 and the second is Sundowner 30cc. If price was not a problem just the most powerful and consistent which engine would you gentleman recommend size around 35cc.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
@Snoopy1 ...... Sounds like the 120SF is pretty tired. That engine is pretty old now. It replaced the original YS F-120 over 20 years ago.
I will always have a passion for YS even though they are glow engines. If you are still in to glow and want a totally bad azz 4 stroke for about the same price as a DA35 check out the YS FZ 175. It is not YS's most powerful but is their most powerful "sport" engine. I flew one on a 25% 14 pound Edge with a 20x8 Falcon carbon. Very impressive power on tap and would make your Funtana "wicked".

20170913-024958.JPG

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Decided that it was time to rebuild the 7955's in my Yak, they have lots of play in them from flying the airplane aggressively every flight. After a small SNAFU I put new cases and bearings on all 6o f them and put 2 back into my stabs last night.

20170912_191308.jpg

Everything was testing fine until I went to put the arms back on and one of my SWB 2" arms wouldn't fit :oblong: Long story short, I somehow mixed up one of my 24T spline output shafts with a 25T output shaft that was sitting on my desk. I have a 25T EF arm that fit right on which has the same mounting holes as the SWB, so crisis averted for now.

20170912_191318.jpg

20170912_191324.jpg

:oblong::confused:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
I too like the "MPX" connectors for long servo runs with power hungry servos. My 2 in 1 elevator servo extension awaits a new airframe.
20awg wire for the "Y" adaptor and signal wire in the main cable. 18awg power leads in the main cable.

0913171704-00.jpg
0913171703-00.jpg

BalsaDust

IMG_1129.JPG
IMG_1130.JPG
IMG_1131.JPG

Rebuilt a couple slimers. One is a thunger tiger pro46 and the other is a OS46fx. First pic is from the TT after removing the rear bearing. Bearing actually had rust flakes peaking off of it. Surprising thing is is that the engine still ran great. Was making good power and held a tune perfect. Should be even better now. All in all a really simple process.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
@Snoopy1 ...... Sounds like the 120SF is pretty tired. That engine is pretty old now. It replaced the original YS F-120 over 20 years ago.
I will always have a passion for YS even though they are glow engines. If you are still in to glow and want a totally bad azz 4 stroke for about the same price as a DA35 check out the YS FZ 175. It is not YS's most powerful but is their most powerful "sport" engine. I flew one on a 25% 14 pound Edge with a 20x8 Falcon carbon. Very impressive power on tap and would make your Funtana "wicked".

View attachment 98859
Thanks for that looked up the engine and it looks good. I have always like YS and enjoyed flying and owning them but I am slowly changing over to gas as the glow dies off. Will fly the glow as Long as they are good but anything new will be gas.