• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
How did you know it was good for gasoline. Read the info but nothing.

I went to the "US Solar Pumps" website ( www.ussolarpumps.com ) and found that it is suitable for food service applications, chemical spray, wine dispensers, ice machines, and coffee dispensers. So I figured why not gasoline?:rolleyes: lol. The pump comes with a rubber boot that is fitted over the DC motor making it protected from possible explosive vapor and the seals are rated for corrosive use (probably Viton but this is a guess). The gears are nylon and the pump housing is a formulated nylon plastic.

Last edited:

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Has been very hot humid and rainy so not much flying yet for 2017. Lots of shop time though:). Just finished upgrading a dual Miracle switch with 6amp toggles (vice stock 3 amp) and 18awg wire for my Extra. The BLS H50B on the rudder and spectrum 8010 receiver will thank me. Waiting for the Tech-Aero Ultimate IBEC to show up and getting it in the plane.

0716172034-00.jpg 0716172034-01.jpg 0716172035-00.jpg 0716172036-00.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I went to the "US Solar Pumps" website ( www.ussolarpumps.com ) and found that it is suitable for food service applications, chemical spray, wine dispensers, ice machines, and coffee dispensers. So I figured why not gasoline?:rolleyes: lol. The pump comes with a rubber boot that is fitted over the DC motor making it protected from possible explosive vapor and the seals are rated for corrosive use (probably Viton but this is a guess). The gears are nylon and the pump housing is a formulated nylon plastic.

Thanks for the info that looks like a good pump for the price. I will order one and give it a go. Thanks.
Sorry one more question can you fill and empty the tank by just reversing the power leads.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Decided I was tired of having to run an extension cord to my van just to charge 2 receiver packs in an airplane, so I installed a DC port. What's nice is these Chevy cargo vans come setup with 2 accessory ports on the fuse block which allows you to do this kind of stuff without having to have wiring running everywhere. I can't say my install looks factory mint but at least the wiring is tucked away nicely where you can't see it.

20170716_173842.jpg

The port should handle all of my charging needs for receiver packs and small foamy packs :)