• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I drilled 3 holes tonight.

20210105_194512.jpg

TonyHallo

150cc
What brand of beer to store in there? I keep my CA in the freezer, I have a 16 ounce bottle of thick CA that has to be 20 years old that I still use today.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I Glassed the Floats for one of my 2.1 E-flite Cessna 150's last night getting it ready for winter snow OPS if we ever get a descant amount of the stuff. One with wheels and one with Floats. The Second Cessna 150 I bought in the box for $100.00. The first one I bought from Horizon a couple years ago now has over 200 hrs. flying time. They are a very smooth and relaxing plane to fly. The 150 seems very slow after a few days of flying some of my EDF's LOL!!!
150 floats.jpg

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Been tinkering with the otter float rigging. Man what a pain, sooooo many angles. Since I don’t have a tig welder, I silver soldered the wires together. Aft a lot of trial and error this is looking promising.
87CAD6F8-FCB4-47F2-9DB3-9E76848C5BD5.jpeg 4CC861CC-C0D7-4C13-AF2A-71E412DE69D4.jpeg

One of the blocks in the float is off unfortunately. Needs to be about 1.5” forward. I think it’ll still work but Darnit. The front gear legs will be sitting on the forward part of the block. Just enough room for the screws, a bit concerning.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Putting a few Coats of Aluminum Color paint on the glassed 2.1 C-150 floats getting ready for Snow OPS if we ever get some snow LOL. So far all we have got this winter is High winds last week we had 4 days of nothing less then 30 to 55 and gusts over 70 mph and mild temps in the high 30's and dome in the 50's during the day
C-150job.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
I Finished Up the 2.1 E-flite Carbon Z Cessna 150 tonight the 150 has some color added to it and the floats glassed on the bottom and painted and ready for some Snow OPS. We are suppose to get 2 to 3 inches by Sunday. Flying off snow with floats is a blast. No need to worry about flipping the plane in deep soft snow like you have to with Ski's

SF152.jpg SF1501.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I Finished Up the 2.1 E-flite Carbon Z Cessna 150 tonight the 150 has some color added to it and the floats glassed on the bottom and painted and ready for some Snow OPS. We are suppose to get 2 to 3 inches by Sunday. Flying off snow with floats is a blast. No need to worry about flipping the plane in deep soft snow like you have to with Ski's

View attachment 116797 View attachment 116798
What paint did you use that did not attack the foam. I have QQ foam plane that is also almost completely whit and flying it in the winter and grey skies it is difficult to see.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
The paint I like to use is the RUST-OLEUM Painters touch 2X Ultra cover Paint and Primer. it is ready available at ACE, MENARDS, LOWES and Wall Mart When it is on sale I buy up 10 to 15 12 oz. cans at $3.29 a can Just make sure you keep the can at least 12 or more inches away for the first light coat and the foam is clean. I have used it on all my foam planes

Zpaint.jpg