• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 'What did you do in your workshop tonight?' thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
I tried calling him a couple of times, with no response. Mike is correct. Kelly has had some very extreme health issues going on. I can only hope he is ok and pray for a positive outcome.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to him. I hope and pray that he is doing well. Miss that guy on here!

Oct 25th:
@Snoopy1 @pawnshopmike and all of my GSN buddies.... Been fighting health issues and unable to participate. Know all that I miss all of you and tinkering in the shop with you all. I will try and peek in time to time but for now I will abstain until a future time. Take care everyone and know I have loved all the conversations.

Wild man

70cc twin V2
To many Projects, but now the cold weather is here I will be able to get many done. I was getting out a motor for a 30cc gasser Air frame a friend gave me and I found this box LOL!!! I had forgotten about what I found written inside when I opened it sent to me by Decal Dennis.
mike.jpg

Alky6

150cc
Mustang restoration update...
Younger brother helping out.
E173249F-384E-4BB7-AC51-4BA2876F1DE7.jpeg

Both shock towers gone.

D8874C6D-741D-40F7-97EB-9C6F0BE8CF8A.jpeg

Fab’d and installed a double din stereo cage. Dash was thrashed, so this was an easy decision.
5E792985-E117-41BE-B623-A7E7CDA39D62.jpeg

Removing the last bits of equipment in the dash - windshield wipers and motor.

167FB4F4-A3B9-40CC-B949-CB63DC0B6E2C.jpeg

Front suspension subframe welded in.
DF2C35BF-A7ED-4331-B060-A134A06262D5.jpeg

Front suspension parts mocked up. couldn’t resist.
DA76F573-DE2C-47CC-95BC-2D367A60341E.jpeg

Father-in-law and myself shrinking some areas to remove some dents.
B299A333-6DFF-4DFA-BEA7-9FAACDA5D61C.jpeg

Filling in some holes in the dash.

A6E815B2-EDF4-404F-8A4C-3E87792E66D6.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Have a question never flown big electric planes before. Just finished a Timber 110 with a an electric motor. The batteries will be 12s-5000 mAh. How do you gentlemen charge your batteries at the field. A car battery cannot handle that size batteries. Do you have generators or some sort of large power pack. Thanks for your help.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Have a question never flown big electric planes before. Just finished a Timber 110 with a an electric motor. The batteries will be 12s-5000 mAh. How do you gentlemen charge your batteries at the field. A car battery cannot handle that size batteries. Do you have generators or some sort of large power pack. Thanks for your help.
Although I do not fly that many electrics, I do have a suggestion for you. Many of the guys at the field have purchased their own personal generator. Something like the Honda 2000. However it is a grande. Harbor Freight carries a nice little 2000 watt generator. I believe it sells for around $450. A friend of mine purchased his off the internet when Home Depot had a sale. He purchased his for $203. That was including Freight and taxes. I will be looking into getting one for myself this coming year. More and more I am finding the necessity to have on hand power.