• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The last straw from FG forums!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Can I respectfully ask that you guys stand down? we'll be at shows, we'll be in Google rankings before long, we'll be posting to the many facebook pages that people look at each day....we'll get the word out. As it is, ********** has some tools at his disposal to make our lives a little uncomfortable and we're trying to work out solutions to that. Going to FG and stirring the pot isn't going to make this site grow much quicker than it already is and it might just make our job harder and ********** a little more aggressive. I'd prefer we not make suing me or Sleepy a new hobby for him. He's made a lot of money with his various undertakings and it wouldn't take a lot for him to put a lot of strain on me and Sleepy if he decided to get lawyers involved more than they might already be.

So let's not go trolling for traffic at FG please. We'll all be fine without that angle and we'll be better for it.

Bart

Bartman;4298 wrote: Can I respectfully ask that you guys stand down? we'll be at shows, we'll be in Google rankings before long, we'll be posting to the many facebook pages that people look at each day....we'll get the word out. As it is, ********** has some tools at his disposal to make our lives a little uncomfortable and we're trying to work out solutions to that. Going to FG and stirring the pot isn't going to make this site grow much quicker than it already is and it might just make our job harder and ********** a little more aggressive. I'd prefer we not make suing me or Sleepy a new hobby for him. He's made a lot of money with his various undertakings and it wouldn't take a lot for him to put a lot of strain on me and Sleepy if he decided to get lawyers involved more than they might already be.

So let's not go trolling for traffic at FG please. We'll all be fine without that angle and we'll be better for it.

Bart

Well said. This site will make it on it's own, just because of the people, and be better for it.

Tseres

150cc
Bartman;4298 wrote: Can I respectfully ask that you guys stand down? we'll be at shows, we'll be in Google rankings before long, we'll be posting to the many facebook pages that people look at each day....we'll get the word out. As it is, ********** has some tools at his disposal to make our lives a little uncomfortable and we're trying to work out solutions to that. Going to FG and stirring the pot isn't going to make this site grow much quicker than it already is and it might just make our job harder and ********** a little more aggressive. I'd prefer we not make suing me or Sleepy a new hobby for him. He's made a lot of money with his various undertakings and it wouldn't take a lot for him to put a lot of strain on me and Sleepy if he decided to get lawyers involved more than they might already be.

Bart

Well put Bart. This is what will set this place apart.

SleepyC

150cc
Yea.. like Bart said... we got this. We can say this community was built on friendship and integrity.

This community is REAL RC'ers not fakes in it for excess cash.

Is this a business, well yes... so what are the end goals?

I want GSN to be a success on it's own. Through the friendships, relationships and loyalty built here.

I want Bart and I to work hard to present the best site, the best coverage and do it all with the passion and heart we both have for this hobby.

ME personally, my goals? I want to pay bills, keep my family fed and be able to do what I love. Be at, cover and attend RC shows, contests and fun flys. Film and photograph them and provide you the user with the best coverage we can give you.(Oh and hopefully FLY MORE!)

Bart - Bart is a successful airline pilot, and he has very similar goals to mine. We want to enjoy our lives around our friends and be IN the world of RC.

SO guys, No need to mess with the old... concentrate on the new. Email your buddies, tell people at the local funflys and just be decent dudes.

In fact... I challenge you guys (since "challenges are the new rage) I challenge you guys to remember this exact time as the site grows. Remember when we felt that it was "us against them". And remember that we all took the high road and we have nothing to ever feel bad about.

Try to keep this positive spirit alive as the site grows. Help us keep the laid back moderation atmosphere, welcome new guys (even in a year or two) and help them understand how things work here. It's won't be easy as the site grows, but I know we can do it.

Right now with almost 700 members I pretty much know all you guys personally, this is like a giant party in my backyard and I am so honored and stoked to have ya all over.

Thanks again...

Can't wait to see where this goes!

SC