• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.
There are always plenty of Twisted planes to check out. The Inferno is a special plane for blending 3D and pattern. Thought to give it a thread here in case folks wish to discuss it.

So, here is a video with a St Patrick's Day flair to it. Hope you enjoy it. Any thoughts or questions, ask away.

[video=youtube;41wyD7d-1x4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=41wyD7d-1x4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Enjoy!

:)

alawson999

70cc twin V2
A few questions please?

Own (and Love) my TH Laser Lite. Fly it indoors and out - very durable and reliable

Fly some depron planes indoors as well - (EVO Quark for example) - like that very light wing loading flight, but find them to be very, very fragile

Intrigued by the Inferno as it seems to be about half way between the two (maybe the best of both?)

Note that the Inferno Wing is bigger than the Laser wing, yet the AUW is 20% (45g) lighter on the Inferno - How is this possible?

How different are the flight characteristics?

How much different is the durability of the Inferno from the Laser? (Specifically - will it tolerate outdoor flying in light winds?)

Thanks in advance for you advice

Hi
First point, yes the Crack Laser is awesome. It combines insane roll rate with precise control. Unmatched for someone looking for those characteristics combined with the reliability you mentioned.

Have a depron Spies by Donatas Designs. Slow, floaty precise and very slow downlines. So, agree on liking the feel of those type planes. We broke that thing a couple times just transporting it. So, yup.

Yes, you could say the Inferno is a middle ground between those two.

Next point, the foam is thinner on the entire Inferno. It is lighter for the hardware as well.

Flight characteristics. The Laser has more authority due to the weight and the velocity it is capable of. A pilot will want to take advantage of what it does well. The Inferno has the slower downline, floaty feel and yet it is durable. You can drag the rudder on the Inferno and won't suffer any damage, so, way better than depron. The Inferno has more drag on the large but super lite surfaces. So, it rolls slower yet you are offered a very agile feel which gives you more time to think sometimes. I think the inferno has the capability to fly slower and you may want to take advantage of that for certain types of flight. I would not consider the plane to be fragile. In light wind (0-5), you're fine.

Let me know if this helps or if any other thoughts come up.

Last edited by a moderator:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Thanks - just the info I needed. My mental image is as a go-to gym plane - which is cold weather around here. And as a possibility for those warm weather months when the wind dies at dusk and dawn. Usually fly off my driveway for these so light and slow flight help me stay on the good side of the neighbors.

Thanks again for the advice

Here is the latest on the Inferno. More in a couple days. :thumbup:[video=youtube_share;65sJCcW55tA]http://youtu.be/65sJCcW55tA[/video]

Hope you got one. This is a new vid from last weekend's gym session. Hope you all are having a great weekend. ... it's almost gasser time :popcorn:

[video=youtube_share;N_m_Td0dgOw]http://youtu.be/N_m_Td0dgOw[/video]

Last edited by a moderator:

alawson999

70cc twin V2
Life got in the way for a few weeks, but I did get one - just gotta get another project off my work table - hoping this one will work for calm mornings or evenings - close in and low...