• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Flat Stabs lol. Tanner you funny :laughing:.

Went out flying yesterday with a new buddy and had a blast flying my QQ300 and his Slick 540 and MXS-R. Tuned up the DLE 60 twin for him on his MXS-R and saw it was a really smooth twin and a bit more powerful than I thought. Still want me another DA 70. Maybe go in the V4 Edge but I could just shoot myself for letting my V2 PURPLE go. @Xpress tell us more of this V4 you speak of. Maybe a Thread???

14650115_1560042680688519_240604298073463425_n.jpg
14732372_1560042627355191_1429507777933250620_n.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Tried to look up V4 could not find anything. Could you please supply some info on the plane. Thanks.

RJ 706

70cc twin V2
We had cool temps in our area today so headed to the field early to make the most of my day off. Canopy up, plane together first flight all was normal.
Fired up for flight two, rolled to the end of the runway, turned into the wind, moved the stick forward and nothing.
Cannot believe my luck that the throttle servo would die on the ground. Pulled the canopy and the servo was too hot to touch.
Lucky day.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
We had cool temps in our area today so headed to the field early to make the most of my day off. Canopy up, plane together first flight all was normal.
Fired up for flight two, rolled to the end of the runway, turned into the wind, moved the stick forward and nothing.
Cannot believe my luck that the throttle servo would die on the ground. Pulled the canopy and the servo was too hot to touch.
Lucky day.

My luck.....Would have died just as the wheels left the ground and after returning to the idle position. And a muddy ditch at the end of the runway.

Great Save to you though!:attaboy:.

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
My luck.....Would have died just as the wheels left the ground and after returning to the idle position. And a muddy ditch at the end of the runway.

Great Save to you though!:attaboy:.
I had a throttle servo die at just over a fast idle. Just barely enough to fly and way to much to land. Full tank of fuel and no kill switch.

BalsaDust

IMG_0738.JPG
IMG_0739.JPG

Post maiden pics from taking the 75" Extra out yesterday evening. The VVRC 40cc twin ran awesome and makes good power for this airframe but as I expected it does not want to hand start. Had to use the electric starter. Since I don't have a spinner on it I had the starter slip off and hit the cowl and busted it a bit. Really made me mad but ultimately it's no big deal as I needed a new cowl anyways.
Otherwise I put three good flights on the plane and got lower with each flight. If I hadn't run out of day light I would have flown it more.

rarcdon

30cc
BalsaDust - If that is Bright Yellow Ultracote, I've got some PPG Concept paint that matches. You can mix just a tad and use a brush to touch up if you don't want a new cowl. Already appears to have been touched up near the cowl inlet. Don