• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Cool The I'm going out flying thread 2017

BalsaDust

I got this Midland 720p HD camera. Kinda heavy though. Mounted it to the side of a head band strap of one of the "big eyes" magnifiers and it ended up falling off me noggin. They can be had now for about 30 bucks and video up to 90 minutes in HD. Of course I paid 3x as much when I got mine a few years ago:mad:.
I think someone could do better with a 1080p micro camera recorder like the Mobius.

View attachment 97748

A buddy that used to work with me had that camera. We made a mount for it to mount onto his shotgun. Got some pretty cool footage of him Goose hunting.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well gentleman had another good day at the field. My flying buddy not so much he started of good but after lunch he put in 2 plane in 10 minutes it was ugly, one pilot Yak and smaller 30cc plane he was not happy. I will have to find out how to get in touch with pilot for their free wood beal and see if I can help my buddy out.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Tried a CG change with some lighter batteries in the Edge today and found that it flies better. Going to mount my batteries behind the wing tube.

20170730_110634.jpg

20170730_093946.jpg

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Well gentleman had another good day at the field. My flying buddy not so much he started of good but after lunch he put in 2 plane in 10 minutes it was ugly, one pilot Yak and smaller 30cc plane he was not happy. I will have to find out how to get in touch with pilot for their free wood beal and see if I can help my buddy out.

Ouch. I've had days like that. No fun!

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I know what you mean. Albeit small planes, one guy put in three planes yesterday and two sustained pretty bad damage. He cartwheeled a Sig 40 size 4 star (badly damaged), then he put in a high wing foamy (badly damaged), then he flipped and busted the prop on a slow-poke.

Even after that he flew a nice small gasser bipe (26 - 30cc) and flipped that over, but only broke the prop on that one and some small damage. We were all thinking that he should have not flown the bipe, but he came out OK.

Then another guy flew a small electric bipe and as he was flying the electric motor exploded! I have seen them lock up and all sorts of crazy things, but this thing completed exploded in the air. It made a sound like a mini-bomb going off. We could not find any parts of the electric motor. The bipe hit the ground hard and was mostly destroyed.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
It's funny how it goes sometimes in my experience I have flown for many months with incident everything is great and then in a matter of weeks I will several thinks go wrong. At one time I banged up three planes in matter of weeks. Then you really start to think can I still fly or have I lost it and you start to Doubt your self not a good place to be.