• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The I'm going out flying thread 2016

Yakman

70cc twin V2
Xpress;10680 wrote: Went flying today. Felt out of place since everybody has giants and I'm over here with my 40" DW Yak but whatever :spongebob:

Kinda hot today, 84*, had to put a hat on at one point :cool:

Participated in the Black Hills Huckfest from the 20th thru 24th flying 20cc amd 85cc Yaks with a 72 JR10x. Only pilot with other than 24 radio, at least nobody else on MY channel.

Mikeq

150cc
Yakman;11225 wrote: Participated in the Black Hills Huckfest from the 20th thru 24th flying 20cc amd 85cc Yaks with a 72 JR10x. Only pilot with other than 24 radio, at least nobody else on MY channel.

Yeah...it's a lot safer to fly FM now since nearly everybody is 2.4.....I remember the those days when you had to make sure you weren't on the same channel with somebody else

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I don't miss the 72 days. I like the simplicity of 2.4, plus the features modern 2.4 radios have. I don't think I'll ever use more than half of what my 8FGS has...

Bipeguy03

150cc
Xpress;11248 wrote: I don't miss the 72 days. I like the simplicity of 2.4, plus the features modern 2.4 radios have. I don't think I'll ever use more than half of what my 8FGS has...

Anyone that has ever been shot down, feels the same way!!!! lol

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Bipeguy03;11251 wrote: Anyone that has ever been shot down, feels the same way!!!! lol

You know, I noticed that when I switched to 2.4, I stopped crashing airplanes!!

tailskid

70cc twin V2
Not burst bubble, but two of us were shot down at the same time while there was a "nitro challenge" (car races) about 100 yards behind us. There was I bet a hundred radios on at the time:(

Yakman

70cc twin V2
I stopped crashing planes after i stopped useing Futaba, Personal preference, as long as we have fun

Went out and flew my 30cc Aeroworks Freestyle this evening. Got to the field ~5:30 and wind was pretty high and gusty, but as the sun crept down the winds died down and it was damn near perfect. ~7:30 had my motor quit but I was high so had plenty of time to take it around and land, as a matter of fact had to crab it to keep it on the runway. My first ever crab to shed altitude on approach! Yay!

As I was about to clean up a buddy who'd been flying his 48" Extreme Flight Extra was boxing it up and asked me if I wanted fly something fun, his Crack Yak. I have a clunky EPP foamy from Grayson Hobbies but had never had a chance with a CY, well once but that was about a year ago and my 3D skills were still forming. Well I've been working hard for a year and my skills are night and day better now. All I can say is FRIGGIN WOW! Crack is right. I was giddy like a little school girl after flying that thing!

I know what my next plane will be!

Oh, and because I hung around flying his CY, I wound up cutting the grass in the dark tonight!

Mikeq

150cc
bigblueswope;11341 wrote: All I can say is FRIGGIN WOW! Crack is right. I was giddy like a little school girl after flying that thing!

I know what my next plane will be!

I have been debating getting one and I have never heard anything bad about a Crack Yak...it's probably the best and most highly recommended foamy on the market...plus it wont break the bank either...after reading your post I think I will get one...:smile-new:

Mikeq;11348 wrote: I have been debating getting one and I have never heard anything bad about a Crack Yak...it's probably the best and most highly recommended foamy on the market...plus it wont break the bank either...after reading your post I think I will get one...:smile-new:

I've been told the Value Hobby foamies are just as good and way cheaper. The buddy who recommended the VH foamie, [MENTION=469]Yak Attack[/MENTION], is an amazing pilot so I'm inclined to believe him, but I want to try his VH foamie before I pull the trigger.