• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
2020!! Time to share the fun! What you're going to do and what you’ve already done!

Flew my 84” TBM on my custom skis!
15F and freezin!
A6BEC178-F529-49FA-9509-97974D4EFA0D.jpeg
65335523-AC59-4340-A990-4686BBE9B877.jpeg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Like the skies looks good even like the small one on the rudder.
Are my eyes deceiving me did you do something to the stabilizer.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Excellent question. It loves crankshafts.... elevator not so much! The tail was CA'd in place... so it was bound to happen. Tri-Stock on both sides as of today. I will cover it back up later.
Question @AKNick many years back when I use to fly a lot in the winter. I found out not to use epoxy on my firewalls, when it really gets cold the epoxy would go brittle and the firewall would pull out. Changed to wood glue and never had a problem again. Have you ever run into that with epoxy.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Question @AKNick many years back when I use to fly a lot in the winter. I found out not to use epoxy on my firewalls, when it really gets cold the epoxy would go brittle and the firewall would pull out. Changed to wood glue and never had a problem again. Have you ever run into that with epoxy.

I can't say that I have run into that. Wintertime I'm usually flying electric, and to be honest a lot of foam.

I did a test with a radio mitt. With and without. Without I lasted about 4 min. With it lasted the whole 7-8min flight and was feeling pretty good. I didn't have much insulation in the mitt either. It's amazing how just a little tiny breeze can effect your flight times. I need to make a support around the radio so the padding doesn't make contact with the sticks eeekk!!

Made some video of that flight as well! I'll have to get at it and start to edit it.

The second person I ran into during this outing asked me if I was allowed to fly here. I'll admit that I was a little short with him by asking if it bothers him. He told me there was a place to fly that was legal. I let him talk and then told him I maintain the site he was talking about, and explained how it was legal to fly where I was... Man.... First flight of the year. I hope this isn't a sign of how 2020 is going to go. I shook his hand and he took some pictures of my plane static and flying. All is good. But talk about striking a nerve when people speak like that and do not know much of what they are talking about. He ended by saying I just didn't want anybody to call you in... :msn_slap: I said thanks, it's legal, they can call me in if they want to - I don't care. :epic::spongebob: I wasn't a good example for the hobby guys... I failed.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Sometimes a busy body just strikes a nerve. He should have minded his own business or inquired in a more appropriate manner like, "Hey buddy, can I fly here to?"....