• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m Going/Went Flying Thread

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Sometimes a busy body just strikes a nerve. He should have minded his own business or inquired in a more appropriate manner like, "Hey buddy, can I fly here to?"....

Yeah... felt abrasive. Turned into a debate which wasn't what I was aiming to do after not flying for 2.5months and getting the opportunity to leave the house without the 3mo old for a couple quick flights.

Have agree with both of you if some approached me like that I would most like be abrupt.
I try not to be abrupt... but he kindof poked the bear ha ha ha

those skis look awesome.

Thanks!! I'll have to tweak them a bit/angle them up a smidgit and re secure the tail ski. my spring came off once, and it pointed down a bit... nothing a high alpha landing couldn't fix... I wonder if I caught that on video... that would be sweet.

BalsaDust

A buddy of mine got one of these and let me fly it yesterday. Little joker flys really good and in my opinion would serve as a decent 3D trainer. has differential thrust so can do wicked flat spins and was rock solid in harriers with little to no aileron correction needed while turning.

https://www.horizonhobby.com/produc...e/e-flite-brand/umx-ultrix-bnf-basic-eflu6450
EFLU6450_PP_3.jpg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Finally finished this one for my older brother. A 50' Dynum Waco bi plane. Not very good quality but it fly's decent and looks nice in the air.The test flight went great even with the 10mph cross wind on landing. Had to leave the power on after landing to keep from rolling back LOL!!!! Before landing for the first time I did a couple fly bys to see how bad it was crabbing in to the wind, it was crabbing about 30 degrees
dynum.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the boys gave me a call and asked if I would like give it a try and go flying today. It’s 30 degrees and no wind but overcast so I said ok hopefully the runway is ok for wheels. Plane is ready and the engine.

1D377E48-EB22-4746-8826-380EB083E334.jpeg
37D09D5E-9BE6-4577-B8FD-97A480DC1219.jpeg

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Went out flying this morning. Overcast and 30 degrees with a 5 mph direct cross wind. This was the 3rd flight on the Dynum YMF-5D Waco 50" Bi plane ARF electric. I was surprised on how well it fly's, after all the extra work I had to do to this plane. Wings were warped, well almost every piece was warped in this ARF at one time I almost gave up on it and was gong to throw it in the garbage can LOL!!! Here is a short video of it the 3rd flight. I ran through 5 batteries this morning checking out the MRC 6 channel receiver with stability (3 axes gyro) that I set up to turn on and off, they work great. Now all I need to do is set it up for the wireless trainer so I can get my older brother flying tail dragger's

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well the plane is done for nothing left. Flying around chasing one another at full throttle and all of a sudden I had no elevator, before I realized what had happened it was in the ground. Looking for another winter plane.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Went out flying this morning. Overcast and 30 degrees with a 5 mph direct cross wind. This was the 3rd flight on the Dynum YMF-5D Waco 50" Bi plane ARF electric. I was surprised on how well it fly's, after all the extra work I had to do to this plane. Wings were warped, well almost every piece was warped in this ARF at one time I almost gave up on it and was gong to throw it in the garbage can LOL!!!

You greased the landing!

Well the plane is done for nothing left. Flying around chasing one another at full throttle and all of a sudden I had no elevator, before I realized what had happened it was in the ground. Looking for another winter plane.

Darnit!

Wild man

70cc twin V2
Thank you Sir they don't all turn our like that but close. I went out with a very good friend of mine that has the same plane.We got quite a bit of flying in today,38 degrees and calm for the better part of the morning then about 10 to 15 mph wind but straight down the runway (parking lot) makes landing easier I also flew my MRC T-33 for the First flight too. Very nice flying EDF
dj.jpg
F1T33.jpg