• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Nice the camera quality looks good all you have to do is figure it out.

The weather here tomorrow looks pretty iffy, so we're taking foamie Jets instead of gassers.

Getting things figured out just does not come as easy as it used to.....And I don't know why...…:ooh?:.
Forgot to mention the air speed telemetry works great. Hit 118 mph in a dive and 98mph straight and level.
Did several touch and goes and lowest landing speed was 20mph. Can cruise easily around the field at 30mph with great stability.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Got out this afternoon and put a couple of flights on the Avanti S. The onboard camera seems to do really well with picture quality. Just need to further my education on it on how to make a continuous video and not segments. Hard to understand Chinglish manual. Video audio is out of sync and playback is inverted. Don't know why. Going back to video 101.
View attachment 106111 View attachment 106112

Very nice quality Kelly. Nicely done. Except...only one thing. I have a bit of a headache. All those touch and goes have given my bald noggin' a big ole' raw spot right on the top of my head.
upside-down-banana-smiley-emoticon.gif
:laughing:

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
We went flying this morning. I took my Freewing Mig21 and my T-Rex 550 Heli. It was damp, cold, and very overcast. The sky's were so bad that when I did a big loop with the Heli I about lost it so I cut the flight short and landed. The Mig wasn't much better, it was just a dark blob in the sky.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
Got out this afternoon and put a couple of flights on the Avanti S. The onboard camera seems to do really well with picture quality. Just need to further my education on it on how to make a continuous video and not segments. Hard to understand Chinglish manual. Video audio is out of sync and playback is inverted. Don't know why. Going back to video 101.

You must practice those a lot... By the way, holding my laptop upside down made a big difference in viewing the video. That camera does take some nice video.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We went flying this morning. I took my Freewing Mig21 and my T-Rex 550 Heli. It was damp, cold, and very overcast. The sky's were so bad that when I did a big loop with the Heli I about lost it so I cut the flight short and landed. The Mig wasn't much better, it was just a dark blob in the sky.
Dark blob and lost chopper.... hmmm, at least you got to fly right? Good that you got them both down safely and took them home unscathed. Sometimes during winter here, I will shiver and I will shake and my hands will be so cold, they quit working. But once loaded and going home with my birds in one piece, I get all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I at least got a flight or two in. Ha...so there Mother Nature. You didn't stop me...again. LOL

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I charged everything yesterday and hooked the trailer up to the truck. I left early this morning with fuel, food, and a gallon of tea for a day at the field. One hour later I discovered the club is hosting an IMAC event, uhhh… One hour later I was mowing grass....

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I charged everything yesterday and hooked the trailer up to the truck. I left early this morning with fuel, food, and a gallon of tea for a day at the field. One hour later I discovered the club is hosting an IMAC event, uhhh… One hour later I was mowing grass....
I've had similar experiences. I get all charged up, loaded up, gassed up, Pepsi'd up.... hee hee, Got my doggie loaded and with a glee happiness in my heart...I head for the field. Upon arriving, I find they are having some goofy "Fun Fly" or something like that. Oh I am welcomed to join in the festivities. Huh? Are you kidding me? A 129" four cylinder powered beasty Behemoth Yak playing games with glow (shudder) powered 60" trainers? Uh, I don't think so. LOL.... But I have learned. Take my 'Lectric Twisted Edge. I really need to get a new engine for the trainer. Then I will just have it loaded when I go. I will be covered on all bases. LOL

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Dark blob and lost chopper.... hmmm, at least you got to fly right? Good that you got them both down safely and took them home unscathed. Sometimes during winter here, I will shiver and I will shake and my hands will be so cold, they quit working. But once loaded and going home with my birds in one piece, I get all warm and fuzzy inside knowing I at least got a flight or two in. Ha...so there Mother Nature. You didn't stop me...again. LOL
Yeah it was one of those days that your cold, glad when your stuff lands in one piece, and damn glad you went because spending time at the field with your buds is always worth it.