• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
I really like my trailer. It was one of the best investments I ever made. My planes can stay put all the time now.

I just pull the planes out to fly and every now and then I pull a plane out to work on it. When I am ready to go flying, I crank up my truck, hook up to the trailer and off to the field. I remember all the times when I did not have a trailer and how much of a hassle it was. I made do with what I had, but now having the trailer is sweet!

You right about trailers I would love to have one but were I live they are not allowed only if you put them in your garage so I am **** out of luck.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Took my Edge and QQ300 out today. Put the Edge together and saw that the right aileron had 2 hinges broken :gnashing:. So It got packed up and awaiting my attention. My buddy let me fly his 35cc Demonstrator and now all I want to do is figure out how I am going to get one.
What a sweet flying bird. Does what you tell it to do and nothing more. Got to HAVE IT :yesss:. My 26cc Edge is doomed. It just does not know it yet :sneaky:.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Took my Edge and QQ300 out today. Put the Edge together and saw that the right aileron had 2 hinges broken :gnashing:. So It got packed up and awaiting my attention. My buddy let me fly his 35cc Demonstrator and now all I want to do is figure out how I am going to get one.
What a sweet flying bird. Does what you tell it to do and nothing more. Got to HAVE IT :yesss:. My 26cc Edge is doomed. It just does not know it yet :sneaky:.
Bad thing flying other people’s planes it will get you into trouble. Flew my buddies Sbuc I belive around 40% with big four cylinder in it that ruined me my 150 just sucks compared to it now all I want to do buy a big four cylinder which I can not transport.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I need to pull the trigger on a trailer sometime. Just haven’t found exactly what I want yet at a price I’m willing to pay. Seems like used trailers go for almost as much as a new one.
That has been my problem. I really kick myself for selling my new trailer a couple of years back. At least it was better than nothing. Ugh. I am just going to break down and bite the bullet and do it. Hopefully soon.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Bad thing flying other people’s planes it will get you into trouble. Flew my buddies Sbuc I belive around 40% with big four cylinder in it that ruined me my 150 just sucks compared to it now all I want to do buy a big four cylinder which I can not transport.
Once you own a four cylinder, you will wonder how you ever got along without one. Alas, the cost of purchasing one and then all the work to get them to cool correctly takes away some of the sweetness. But it is quickly revived once you fire that bad boy up.

dhal22

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
I ran across a 14' trailer last year that an 80 yr old friend of mine wanted to sell about the time I got serious about buying one. Good timing I suppose. Here is a photo from last year when I bought it, lots of room.

20170820_115427.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I ran across a 14' trailer last year that an 80 yr old friend of mine wanted to sell about the time I got serious about buying one. Good timing I suppose. Here is a photo from last year when I bought it, lots of room.

.View attachment 103136
See, that is exactly what I am looking for. I had Mirage custom build my extended height 6x12. But as I had said, discovered it was just too small. I really want an extended height 7x14 single axle. Then I can build my own cabinets like I did in my 6x12. And I can add my custom second level tier. Everyone here in Idaho loves trailers. They just do not let go of them used for a reasonable price. Best bet is pay through the nose for brand new.

49dimes

Damn I'm hungry
Tanner seems to be the "Happy Camper" now that the gas fire is lit :).

I got to get busy. My gas fire has been out too long. Burning up electrons only does so much :blank:.

Xpress

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Gas fire is lit? It never went out, I've flown just about every weekend this year sofar and 95% has been gas :spongebob::laughing: