• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Discussion The I’m going out flying thread 2018

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
This is how I transport my birds until I get my new trailer.

20180429_083031.jpg

A serious threat of rain today. But I'm going to give it a try anyway. Guess who's going flying?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, it's try g really hard to rain. But I did get one flight in so far. Going to stick it out in hopes of a couple more. But if all I get is the one flight, I'll be happy. It was worth it to see how the "Dub" 170 performs since the updates. I had to reprogram the idle as it gained about 400 rpm. And I really don't think, no... that's not correct. I know the 32x11 Falcon is not even close to enough prop. If my guess is right, she's breaking loose at above 7k in the air when the prop unloads. Talk about throttle response. Wow! Guys, I ain't lying. If I never was a believer before, I definately am now. Do those updates and maintain those engines. A couple hundred dollars is well worth it.

Any one have a 33x11w they want to part with? Lol

20180429_095949.jpg

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Well, it's try g really hard to rain. But I did get one flight in so far. Going to stick it out in hopes of a couple more. But if all I get is the one flight, I'll be happy. It was worth it to see how the "Dub" 170 performs since the updates. I had to reprogram the idle as it gained about 400 rpm. And I really don't think, no... that's not correct. I know the 32x11 Falcon is not even close to enough prop. If my guess is right, she's breaking loose at above 7k in the air when the prop unloads. Talk about throttle response. Wow! Guys, I ain't lying. If I never was a believer before, I definately am now. Do those updates and maintain those engines. A couple hundred dollars is well worth it.

Any one have a 33x11w they want to part with? Lol

View attachment 103132
Looks like you woke up that engine and thought it was pretty good before the up date. That is always satisfying when buy something and it does what you payed for and them some. Looks like you back in the swing of things again. Have you always transported your planes like that on the back of the truck or did you have a trailer. And I see the doggy in the window.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Looks like you woke up that engine and thought it was pretty good before the up date. That is always satisfying when buy something and it does what you payed for and them some. Looks like you back in the swing of things again. Have you always transported your planes like that on the back of the truck or did you have a trailer. And I see the doggy in the window.
Yes lil Mister Pop Top loves to go flying too. Actually he just goes so he can play outside. Lol. I did have a trailer but soon discovered it was too small. I've been holding our for a larger used trailer. But now I'm thinking I'm just going to have another custom built like my first one. I hate exposing my babies to the elements outdoors.

pawnshopmike

Staff member
Yes lil Mister Pop Top loves to go flying too. Actually he just goes so he can play outside. Lol. I did have a trailer but soon discovered it was too small. I've been holding our for a larger used trailer. But now I'm thinking I'm just going to have another custom built like my first one. I hate exposing my babies to the elements outdoors.
I need to pull the trigger on a trailer sometime. Just haven’t found exactly what I want yet at a price I’m willing to pay. Seems like used trailers go for almost as much as a new one.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp

I need to pull the trigger on a trailer sometime. Just haven’t found exactly what I want yet at a price I’m willing to pay. Seems like used trailers go for almost as much as a new one.
I know both you gentleman have had trailers my flying buddy is on his third one and let me tell you I would never buy one that does not have torsion suspension and all aluminum construction. Never rusts and always looks good. The only thing if I ever get the chance and find a good aluminum welder we will install a very light set of shock absorbers.

Luchnia

70cc twin V2
I really like my trailer. It was one of the best investments I ever made. My planes can stay put all the time now.

I just pull the planes out to fly and every now and then I pull a plane out to work on it. When I am ready to go flying, I crank up my truck, hook up to the trailer and off to the field. I remember all the times when I did not have a trailer and how much of a hassle it was. I made do with what I had, but now having the trailer is sweet!