• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The Behemoth Yak gets a Behemoth Brother/129" Pilot Yak (2)

BalsaDust

Damn you. There ya go tempting me even more. Lol

I have to say, I really like the way a big Yak flies. They are great for floating in on slooooow harriers, they do awesome slow rolls and rolling harriers, they are stable and accurate. Yet very agile with the correct ponies up front. They look just, "WOW" in rudder touching hovers. I just like the way they look too. The scheme is a one off custom but I think it was derived from a combination of the Dalton scheme and the schemes that have been on some of the other Pilot airframes. I can see a little resemblance to both schemes that have been on my original. Still, it's kind of in your face stunning. It definitely needs some bad ass graphics. Do I hear any sponsors that would like a Behemoth bill board for advertising?
View attachment 97393

I think in the beginning it was a round cowl thing that I just didn't care for that much but this PAU sukhoi that I won has changed my mind there. The round cowl has really grown on me. Its still not the same a the cowl on a CAP that I just love but I have found a love for all of them now.

Snoopy1

640cc Uber Pimp
Long trip, lots of miles and I am beat. But!!!!!!! Before I take me an "old man" nappy nappy, How about a couple of teasers of a Behemoth addition to the Behemoth controlling hanger of Behemoth Yaks? I think I am just about due for a Behemoth House.
View attachment 97374
View attachment 97375 View attachment 97376 View attachment 97377 View attachment 97378

Now are these the most bad ass wheel pants you have ever seen? It was pretty much a done deal when I spoke to Steve before I picked up the plane. But I would have bought it "JUST" for the pants. LOL

View attachment 97379 View attachment 97380

Top and bottom of scheme.

View attachment 97381 View attachment 97382 View attachment 97383 View attachment 97384

First things first of course....making that Behemoth Elephants clothes fit. I will be starting with the covering shrinking first. I need to get this big boy done in plenty of time to maiden it before Tri-Cities.

Assembly/Build thread coming at you all soon.
View attachment 97385
So you got another one like the paint scheme or I should say like the covering scheme. Looks brand new. Will not need to figure much out just transfer everything from the last one, with minor up dates as we all usually do. Love scheme a friend of mine has a pilot as well 40% size great plane but also has black covering on it and he just cannot keep it looking good he keeps working on it but one long hot sunny day and it is wrinkled again. Have you found a way to minimize this.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, that would be a LOT of thrust. I bet it did funky things when you got on and off the throttle.:oblong:
Oh you have no idea! Mash the gas and it wants to drill for oil in Mother Earth. Let off the throttle, and it wants to find the moon. LOL. Not to mention in an up line it will want to do knife edge loops all by itself. Not good!

I think in the beginning it was a round cowl thing that I just didn't care for that much but this PAU sukhoi that I won has changed my mind there. The round cowl has really grown on me. Its still not the same a the cowl on a CAP that I just love but I have found a love for all of them now.
That is my feelings exactly. I had a real hard time acclimating over to round cowl airplanes. But I think the thing that really helped was my Hangar 9 Sukhoi. And then of course came the Pitts. Along with the Behemoth Yak, I really found a new appreciation for them. I do like my 260 and the Edge cowls, however the round cowls really do have an appealing look to me.

So you got another one like the paint scheme or I should say like the covering scheme. Looks brand new. Will not need to figure much out just transfer everything from the last one, with minor up dates as we all usually do. Love scheme a friend of mine has a pilot as well 40% size great plane but also has black covering on it and he just cannot keep it looking good he keeps working on it but one long hot sunny day and it is wrinkled again. Have you found a way to minimize this.
It is brand new. Stayed stored in a hangar in California along with two others. It was never touched until I bought it. As for the covering, it all really depends on the color. Just like Automobiles and their color, it seems the lighter colored covering will reflect heat better than the darker colored covering. White reflects it real well and I have found that it stays down really really good. Dark colors such as purple, red and especially black, have a tendency to blister up and you are constantly chasing wrinkles. The excessive Heat on dark colored covering causes the adhesive to warm and create gas bubbles under the covering and therefore lifting it up and creating wrinkles. The only thing that I have found that really works is on really hot days I take my canopy. I keep my plane in the shade as much as possible. But of course at the end of the day regardless it seems that there is a wrinkle here or there that needs to be ironed out.

BalsaDust

I will say one thing I have found with my pau Sukhoi and I have been told it's a round fuse thing is it KE is left stick only. no other plane other than one particular slab I have will KE without at least a little bit of coupling.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I will say one thing I have found with my pau Sukhoi and I have been told it's a round fuse thing is it KE is left stick only. no other plane other than one particular slab I have will KE without at least a little bit of coupling.

Don't believe everything you are told. I have an SD 260 40% that will knife edge either wing up with no coupling. My big Hangar 9 Sukhoi is the same way. My big Yak that decided to fall out of the sky a few days ago was very very close to that. Just a tick of aileron whichever wing was up and it was perfectly aligned in knife-edge.

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

I hope you don't mind the question, but what did the G-Man say about the new crank in your 212? Also, what are you going to use for an engine in this Behemoth if you put your 212 back in your first one?

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

I hope you don't mind the question, but what did the G-Man say about the new crank in your 212? Also, what are you going to use for an engine in this Behemoth if you put your 212 back in your first one?

Have not heard from the "G" man yet. USPS delivered it today. As I am told, Gerhard says AI is a complete zoo on Mondays. So he probably won't even look at it until tomorrow. Course he had a new crank on his order coming from Kraut-land. It is due for delivery tomorrow. Logically in my feeble thinking process, once the crank shows up, he'll split the 212, clean it up, stuff in the crank and bolt it back together. He should be able to test run it tomorrow. Box it up, ship it Wednesday and I'll have it by Friday. I won't receive the replacement wood from Tony for at least 3 weeks. It takes them that long to pull out the cad, put it in the machine and cut the parts. Then verify the correct parts, package and ship. So initially, the 212 will go on the new Yak so it will be ready for Huckfest in September. Once the Behemoth Yak is rebuilt, I will either get a new 220 cs or, a DLE 222. But either way, the original Yak probably won't see the air again this year. Just too much work and too much to do. Now if my logical thought process pans out as hoped, great. But honestly don't think it will play out that smooth. Know how I know??? Have you not met Me? Has my recent luck with said 212 not been anything short of a disaster? Lol. We will see.
saying-a-prayer-smiley-emoticon.gif

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
You should have nothing to worry about. With me, my bad luck comes in three's. My last two times I've maidened a plane, the flight didn't make it past the 30 second mark . . . . . :frown: and the last time I flew my Kaos, I tried to do it with a very low transmitter battery. . . . . :very_angry:. So if you're like me, you just had your third mishap with your Behemoth Yak, so your Yak troubles should be over. . . . . :yesss:.

On second thought, if you're like me, heaven help you. . . . . :laughing:.