• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

The 3DRCForums -Discuss Anything Thread-

gyro

GSN Contributor
where to make a float plane thread?

It's a Bill Hempel cub and there isn't a hempel plane forum but a more generic float plane thread would be better. Someone tell me where and I'll start posting.

Also, what's involved in becoming a site sponsor or advertising for my standoff business?

Craig, PM sent on the sponsor stuff.

for the floatplane, two options, please start a thread wherever you see fit:

1- for discussion: http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?16-All-Other-Manufacturers
2- for a build log http://www.3drcforums.com/forumdisplay.php?58-Airplane-Build-Logs

Xzuberance

New to GSN!
I'm confused :confused:

If I say something "off" topic, I'm actually "on" topic because the thread says "off" topic". So how do you really say something "off" topic in an "off" topic thread? :D

P/S... I'm just teasing yall... wanted to test out the emoticons... :cool:

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Ya bipes usually cost a bit more and this one has a lot of new innovation. Unfortunately I don't have the cash for it either.

hone

150cc
the vyper looks great. But if spending $300, i'll probably go with a 60" class plane like the 59, 57, or 58.

+1, i think the best bang for your buck when spending $300 is going to be a 60" plane not a small bipe. I like that the 60'' offerings from EF come in at $259.59. If i'm spending $299.99 it will be on a 59'' Slick.

+1, i think the best bang for your buck when spending $300 is going to be a 60" plane not a small bipe. I like that the 60'' offerings from EF come in at $259.59. If i'm spending $299.99 it will be on a 59'' Slick.

Same. If I'm spending that, I'd either get a 72" Extra, or another 51".

gyro

GSN Contributor

Same. If I'm spending that, I'd either get a 72" Extra, or another 51".

I don't look at it that way... while $300 for a plane is a fair amount of money, it's not that small of a bipe. For example, another popular bipe is the Ultimate AMR, which is 2 inches narrower wingspan, very small inside for battery insertion/removal, has a totally different type of hardware setup (cf rod and z bends), only runs 3s, has a non-airfoiled tail, and HS-65 sized servos. The AMR is priced at $225, so for $75 more, you're getting a larger power system, larger more durable servos, ball link hardware, airfoiled tail, and of course, a some famous 3DHS "awesome".

I'm not complaining about the AMR, I had one and just recently sold it. I'm just contrasting the two airplanes. The AMR flies great too, and the guy who bought it from me brings it to the field every week along with a great big smile.

Last edited by a moderator: