• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The 182 gets "Gassed"

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Just all around fun and very successful maiden. A couple of photos of today's planes of choice. Video soon to follow.
20160528_121107.jpg
20160528_120939.jpg

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Here is the short version of an uneventful flight. Wow, I have gotten so used to counting on the motor of my planes to fly them. I think I may have to re-learn how to fly a plane that actually uses the wings for lift. Definitely no 3D machine, but I am actually very impressed with the DLA 32cc gasser. It is strong, reliable and has more than enough power for this 17.5 pound high wing. I and my son put two really good 10 or so minute flights on her and so far from what we have seen, The DLA is a good motor. Time will tell.

The wind was blowing pretty good today, with some pretty nasty gusts. The Cessna handled them well. But I can honestly see I need practice to fly it more smoothly and more scale like. Don't watch the landing...it is not that awesome. LOL

Anyway, here is the shortened maiden flight. Thank you all so much for following along this thread and your valuable input and appreciation.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Hey Rob,

There was nothing wrong with that landing. As long as you took the plane home in the same number of pieces that you started off the day with, you're doin' OK in my book. . . . . . . :laughing:
Thanks David....
It wasn't the smoothest that's for sure. Funny thing...second flight I did some touch and go's. Butter baby...glass silky smooth...smoother the the hinnie of a redheaded baby.

Dirt

50cc
Here is the short version of an uneventful flight. Wow, I have gotten so used to counting on the motor of my planes to fly them. I think I may have to re-learn how to fly a plane that actually uses the wings for lift. Definitely no 3D machine, but I am actually very impressed with the DLA 32cc gasser. It is strong, reliable and has more than enough power for this 17.5 pound high wing. I and my son put two really good 10 or so minute flights on her and so far from what we have seen, The DLA is a good motor. Time will tell.

The wind was blowing pretty good today, with some pretty nasty gusts. The Cessna handled them well. But I can honestly see I need practice to fly it more smoothly and more scale like. Don't watch the landing...it is not that awesome. LOL

Anyway, here is the shortened maiden flight. Thank you all so much for following along this thread and your valuable input and appreciation.

Nice maiden! BTW any danger of hitting a tree out there?