• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sport The 182 gets "Gassed"

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
I bought one of those spinners for my first gasser, an Aeroworks Yak 54. Right after I bought it I was trolling Ebay and found a Mejzlik 23 x 8 with a Mejzlik spinner drilled for a DA50 that was like new and dirt cheap, so the other spinner is still on the shelf.;) Someday I'll use it on something.
Isn't it strange...we look, we search..we scout and end up settling for something that will suffice. Buy it and immediately what we were "really" wanting just drops on our toes. Lol:lol2:

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Yeah, and I bet those words went in one ear and right out the other. . . . . :spongebob:
And they didn't even stop in between to sit down and take a nap. In and out.... laughing-smiley-face.gif
Thanks for showing all those steps for spinner fitment. I'll be doing my first here soon.
You bet...glad it helped someone.wink-and-smile-smiley-emoticon.gif

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
Well, here we are. Last of the preparations made and she is just about as ready as she will ever be. Aileron servos showed up today. Now installed and all fine adjustments made. Checked the balance and she is good to go. Actually, she was terribly light in the nose. I knew she would be. But wasn't sure just how much. How much ya'll ask? A ton light. I ended up removing the flight pack and the ignition battery from the belly at the CG and attaching them to the motor box. I still needed to add an additional 2 oz. to get her to get her nose out of the clouds. She sits pretty level now. I checked her with a full tank of benzene and she tilts down just a smidgen. That's ok with me for a plane like this. I would rather she penetrate than drag her tail.

I thought this endeavor was going to be costly. But truth be told, it was a total of $36.00 bucks. That would be the cost of the two aileron servos. Everything else I or my son already had. I like it when I get to fly really cheap planes. LOL

All things being said, she is ready to take to the sky. And so am I. I have not been out flying in dang near three weeks. Has it really been that long? Wow... I am going to burn up the gallons this weekend. YES!!!!!

20160526_200254.jpg
20160526_200401.jpg
20160526_200439.jpg

HRRC Flyer

GSN Sponsor Tier 1
Hey Rob,

Nice looking Skylane. . . . :yesss:

I'd like to go flying this weekend too, but the weather man is calling for a Tropical Storm of all things to wash out any chances of me doing any flying. Go figure. . . . . :very_angry: