• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!
  • Unless you are a paid advertiser NO more posting advertisement in the individual vendor forums. You may post in the Manufacturer's Announcements section only but only ONCE a month unless your a paid advertiser.

SupaTim builds a 73" AJ Laser!!

So @PoncioPilot what do you plan to put in it instead of the 40?

Well @3DMIKE Yesterday I sold the DLE 40cc Twin, and immediately i order the 35RA, so I hope to get Both (Engine and Plane) for this weekend or so far on Monday....

Let me tell you Mike, I don't know if there's a Thread about an estimate or how much can be the budget for build a good quality plane, but now i Know that is not cheap..... I come from the Helis, I got a few years flying helis, and with them I learn that when you with use cheap parts, you go Wrong..... That's why in this plane i'm trying to get the top notch stuff, cuz I want something that flies good and more important: "I Don't Want Spend Twice".....

So, so far this little plane is going over 1,400... (and it is a 30cc).....

3dmike

640cc Uber Pimp
Cool! Glad you got the 35! Yep these things can set you back a pretty penny for sure. If you look at Tim's build he did it with the budget minded builder in mind. You won't even find a switch on the plane. Take a look at his components he used and he still had the best flying plane I've ever flown!

NOTE: Make sure you mod the canopy so it doesn't fly off! That's how Tim's met it's demise!

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Well @3DMIKE Yesterday I sold the DLE 40cc Twin, and immediately i order the 35RA, so I hope to get Both (Engine and Plane) for this weekend or so far on Monday....

Let me tell you Mike, I don't know if there's a Thread about an estimate or how much can be the budget for build a good quality plane, but now i Know that is not cheap..... I come from the Helis, I got a few years flying helis, and with them I learn that when you with use cheap parts, you go Wrong..... That's why in this plane i'm trying to get the top notch stuff, cuz I want something that flies good and more important: "I Don't Want Spend Twice".....

So, so far this little plane is going over 1,400... (and it is a 30cc).....

Most of us don't like to talk about how much money we spend on our hobby ha! I usually stall when someone asks me how much my plane is... then to tell them it doesn't include the transmitter ha ha! I figure a 30cc is about $1k-1.5k depending on the gear.

I've had my 35RA for two years and about 8-9gallons through it. It gurgles around a bit, even after the reed block mod, and a frank bowman ring. I was told to try and idle up switch on it because it would die in high G maneuvers, that solved it. It has been reliable despite its gurgling. Running a Vess 20A on it with roughly 1.7k rpm on the tach.

Most of us don't like to talk about how much money we spend on our hobby ha! I usually stall when someone asks me how much my plane is... then to tell them it doesn't include the transmitter ha ha! I figure a 30cc is about $1k-1.5k depending on the gear.

I've had my 35RA for two years and about 8-9gallons through it. It gurgles around a bit, even after the reed block mod, and a frank bowman ring. I was told to try and idle up switch on it because it would die in high G maneuvers, that solved it. It has been reliable despite its gurgling. Running a Vess 20A on it with roughly 1.7k rpm on the tach.

hahaha do you know [MENTION=3929]AKNick[/MENTION] ? in my club, here in NY, we have a rule, don't say how much you spend in your bird... Just think, if a new guy comes to the club and you tell him that you speend 4K in a Gobling Competition, or 2K in a 50cc plane, that guy will look for another hobby where he can keep his money on the ground....lol

Question for the Experts.... How much can be affected the performance in this plane (AJ Aircraft Laser 230z), or in any other 30cc???

Bipenut53

150cc
I had that discussion with my wife last year when I was building my 91" EF Extra..... I slept with one eye open for a while lol

Bipenut53

150cc
What really triggered the discussion was when she saw how much I spent on servos, and being stupid me is said "that's nothing, you should see.... Um nothing" lol it was all over lol

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
ha ha, yup it's only a need to know basis! If it keeps us out of mischief its a clean hobby!! Just ask her if she'd rather you spend your money on going to the bar, or buying drugs or what have you.