• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Suggestions for shipping a large kit box?

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Big planes, big boxes. Right? Other than greyhound, what are the best options?

I'm trying to get a kit shipped from Georgia to New Jersey and would hate to lose it due to shipping.

Thanks!
Bart

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
I don't think I want to pay as much as UPS would want to charge but I don't think the guy will crate it up for me either. Greyhound would probably take it as is but their location is too far for the guy.

oh well, maybe it wasn't meant to be. :(

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
We checked out FedEX and their online quote tool said it should be around $70 which is ok. The guy said he'll prep the box and drop it off if I send him the shipping label. Really looking forward to this one, have been on the hunt for this kit for years!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
i'm just kidding Chris....it's a Lanier 1/3 Laser 200. ironically, I just bought one used that is just about ready for it's first flight with me but this kit popped up and he's not out of line with the asking price so it'll be an early birthday present to enjoy in my retirement.