• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Stupidest thing you have ever done RC related.

SleepyC

150cc
So.. come on man, let's hear it.. stupidest thing you have ever done RC related!
I know there are some good stories, some lessons to be shared, some timeless classics to be spilled...

SO... Let's hear them!

IMAC FANATIC

40% happier than most folks.
Failed to recharge batts for a maiden after loong set up for a once beautiful 100" LaVoe Super V glider, ( classic no longer produced and nigh impossible to get parts for) 3 flights in lost it to gravity. Sad day.

stangflyer

I like 'em "BIG"!
We all like inverted flat spins right? You know? The ones that are so slooooow and flat, you could watch them forever. Round and round and...we'll you get the picture. So visualize a Dave Patrick Extra 330 with a DLE 55. Spinning, spinning just spinning in the flatest slowest inverted flat spin ever. Quite mesmerizing actually. All the way down till it disappeared from site behind the hill. Doah!!! :lol2:

Just this last weekend....... Well there I was, Father in Law (he drove 8 hrs from MS to visit) and I arrived at the field, excited to get busy on what was planned to be an entire day at the field.:dancing-chicken:. He and I unpacked and got everything put together, I was first up so went to grab the gas can to gas her up and :oblong: NO GAS CAN..... Left it at home sitting right next to where the trailer was parked.....:confused::steamer::msn_slap::thumbsdown:

Drove home got gas returned to field flew the rest of the day.... :banana-dance:

Krzy4RC

GSN Contributor
Tried to tune my OS61 on my Astrohog from the front of the plane......through the moving prop! circa 1995 (the year my son was born)

Still have my fingers though, had two fractures and about 60 stitches...

Jetpainter

640cc Uber Pimp
Mine is a toss up between two from back in the 80's. crashing a beautiful Super Aeromaster on it's maiden flight because the ailerons were reversed, crashing a Decathlon because the antennae was down, and in 2011 doing what @stangflyer did and carried an inverted flat spin too low with a snap happy 50cc Yak 54. I Was adding throttle and reversing the ailerons and it kept dropping slower and slower and then it snapped hard one way, then the other and hit the ground before you could say "OH $$$$"

I lost a Goldberg Extra on maiden due to reversed ailerons. It was back in the days of none computer radios and I grabbed the wrong transmitter.

Then there was losing a .40 size stunt wagon because I didn't secure the battery and it flopped backwards and came unplugged in the air.

Or how about the time v-maxed the tail on my sail plane diving it at the ground from so far up I could barely see it

Or filling the fuel tank with smoke fluid....

Or bumping the throttle stick on my TX after starting a slimer, having it go WOT into my flight box/fuel bottle

Or forgetting to check the CG on a 1/4 scale sig cub after a major rebuild... it was at super tail heavy, snapped and spun in at the end of the runway

All told, after 30 years of flying I don't have too many OH $h*& stories, but they do keep me humble.