• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Rave Stripping paint

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I use to use a product called Bix, it worked pretty good although it took a few coats to work it through the layers. I ran out yesterday so I logged on to see who carried it locally and could not find any.
But I did find one called Aircraft paint remover. Knowing how much most things today don't really work because of EPA and the such I had my doubts.
Started brushing some on the cowl I'm redoing, got a coat over a small area, started over to freshen it up, and to my surprised delight the brush was pulling the paint. So I quickly brushed the entire cowl down and ran it to the faucet for a rinse. It all came off, a little film from rubbing during the rinse was all that was left. I grabbed a rag, put some remover on it, wiped it down while rinsing and it is clean as a whistle.
If anyone need's to strip some paint, I definitely recommend this stuff. But do use it outside or wear a respirator and some good rubber gloves as it is very caustic.

Attachments

• 10193704_ksp_qar343_pri_larg.jpg
    10193704_ksp_qar343_pri_larg.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 5,888

pawnshopmike

Staff member
I use to use a product called Bix, it worked pretty good although it took a few coats to work it through the layers. I ran out yesterday so I logged on to see who carried it locally and could not find any.
But I did find one called Aircraft paint remover. Knowing how much most things today don't really work because of EPA and the such I had my doubts.
Started brushing some on the cowl I'm redoing, got a coat over a small area, started over to freshen it up, and to my surprised delight the brush was pulling the paint. So I quickly brushed the entire cowl down and ran it to the faucet for a rinse. It all came off, a little film from rubbing during the rinse was all that was left. I grabbed a rag, put some remover on it, wiped it down while rinsing and it is clean as a whistle.
If anyone need's to strip some paint, I definitely recommend this stuff. But do use it outside or wear a respirator and some good rubber gloves as it is very caustic.

That stuff works great. I use to use it on bicycle parts back in the day.