• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

**sticky** Beginners Welcome!

Okay more beginner GSN forum questions... Well first a remark, like it or not I am really struggling to figure out how to use this entire site, rather overly complex IMO. I was not on FG but I use RCG currently and there are obvious differences that I am not used to, well at least to me.

So I have also tried to change my email notifications so that I do NOT get an email everytime someone posts in a subscribed thread or replies to me, help? I do not need the extra email volume and would rather just check my threads and read them as I have time(which is not very much). Anyways sorry for the noob forum questions but wait I am in the beginners welcome area:)

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
Buck Tracker;13550 wrote: Okay more beginner GSN forum questions... Well first a remark, like it or not I am really struggling to figure out how to use this entire site, rather overly complex IMO. I was not on FG but I use RCG currently and there are obvious differences that I am not used to, well at least to me.

So I have also tried to change my email notifications so that I do NOT get an email everytime someone posts in a subscribed thread or replies to me, help? I do not need the extra email volume and would rather just check my threads and read them as I have time(which is not very much). Anyways sorry for the noob forum questions but wait I am in the beginners welcome area:)

Buck,

Go to the Settings link in the upper right corner of the site

Scan down the left side of the site and click on General Settings

and then scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode

Select whichever option you'd like, once a day might be better than getting an email for every update to subscribed threads.

Hope that helps, keep asking those questions, ask them again and again and again.

Bart

Bartman;13641 wrote: Buck,

Go to the Settings link in the upper right corner of the site

Scan down the left side of the site and click on General Settings

and then scroll down to Default Thread Subscription Mode

Select whichever option you'd like, once a day might be better than getting an email for every update to subscribed threads.

Hope that helps, keep asking those questions, ask them again and again and again.

Bart

Okay got it, thanks! Navigating these threads for the first time was like figuring out my first gasser all by myself!! Well I did a lot of lurking around FG. And now how do I get my "glow pilot" changed to something different? I wanna be one of the cool kids and don't say post more cause it obvioulsy hasn't helped Mike B get his default changed! LOL

Another question, how do I see a list of my subscribed threads? or customize my home page etc. All I can find is a list of posts from those threads, ultra annoying. Losing my patience fairly quickly with trying figure this out. For guys that have done this style of thread for years I suppose it is easy.

SlowHuck

Bling, bling for flying things.
Buck Tracker;13906 wrote: Another question, how do I see a list of my subscribed threads? or customize my home page etc. All I can find is a list of posts from those threads, ultra annoying. Losing my patience fairly quickly with trying figure this out. For guys that have done this style of thread for years I suppose it is easy.
Under "Quick Links" --> "Subscribed Threads." Unread shows up as bold.

Okay, well that was easy, thanks SlowHuck! There's just alot of things to click on and the ones that I think should do what I am looking won't! By next spring I'll be a pro, i have 3 or 4 builds to do this winter so I'm sure I'll be asking questions and contibuting a bunch more.

njswede

150cc
I loved it! The plane needs to be dialed in a bit more (engine tuning and making the rolls axial) and I need to work on my landing techniques. But overall... Man, what a plane!

Bartman

Defender of the Noob!
it's great right....you're looking at this huge plane that's in the air on the far side of the field thinking "it's freakin' huge!"

enjoy it. where did you fly it?