• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Spot-On Carb arm w/ stripped threads

So I went to install my carb arm like I did with all of the others I have done in the past...
This time I think I got a bunk part or something. I got everything lined up, ground down some flat spots for the 2 set screws per the norm....went to tighten them down and with very minimal tightening both stripped out (in the arm itself, not the set screw). I have done a few of these before and have never had them strip out, let alone with such little tightening.

My question is can I just JB weld it by putting some JB weld on the inside of the carb arm? It will be actually on the carb connect to a servo.

I have already ground off the existing factory arm to accommodate the carb arm and it needs to be on this particular side. I dont want to have to buy a new carb arm if I can somehow make this work.
I believe its metric thread, so I could I could retap it with a larger metric size, but I dont really want to do that either with as little metal as there is to work with there

Any input?