• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Question? SolidHobby Labor Day Sale?

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Anyone know if Solid Hobby is offering a discount coupon to the 3DRC forum members? I could sure use a new charger and power supply.

Frank

Hi Frank,

This is Jeremy from Solid Hobby. Thanks for your interest in our products! We are offering $30 off a power supply when you purchase both the charger and power supply from me. Currently we offer the full line of Revolectrix power lab chargers. Good news is, this discount is always offered, not just for labor day. I hope you have a great labor day weekend!

Thanks,
Jeremy

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Thanks for letting me know Jeremy.

I do have a question for you though since I have you. How do I connect the PL6 to your power supply? I see that the PL6 comes with an EC5 connector, but how is that connected to the PS?

Thanks,

Frank

We offer two options, you can get either the Power24 EC5 version which comes with an EC5 male connector soldered via 10AWG wire (large flexible silicon wire) directly to the main power leads that mates up perfectly with the PL6 female EC5 connector. Or, if you want more versatility, you can get the Power24+ which comes with 4mm bullet connectors (banana connectors) and select the option to get a 4mm bullet to EC5 adapter with it which runs an extra $4 for the adapter. Either option works great. They are both actually the same exact power supply just different power leads soldered onto the ends.

Last edited by a moderator:

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Thanks again Jeremy and I guess I should have stated the 12V power supply. The largest batteries I have will be a 4S 5000 so a 12V PS is plenty for what I need. Will the same options you list above be available on the 12V PS? I'll need to plug in the PL6.

Thanks,

Frank

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, it would be a custom build, so just add in the notes when you place your order which option you want, either the hard wired EC5 (nothing extra) or 4mm bullets with the adapter ($4 extra).

On another note, you could use the 12v and it would work just fine with the PL6, but I would suggest, if you have the funds, to upgrade to the 24v power supply to get the most out of the PL6. You may not need it now, but possibly later on down the road...

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
Awesome. Thanks Jeremy. I appreciate the fast turn around time to respond. I know it must be tough trying to keep up with a bunch of questions from so many people.

It's really not a matter of money, but rather space. Space due to lack of workbench space and space to transport anything that would ever need such large batteries. If I thought I would ever need bigger batteries, I would go for the 24V PS.

I'll be placing my order in the AM and be sure to note the custom build.

Thanks again,

Frank

Murocflyer

70cc twin V2
PS I did some mental rearranging and I'm going to get the 24V power supply. I think you are right about taking advantage of the PL6 and that is the way to do it. Appreciate the help and expect to see a charger and PS order from me this afternoon. :)

Frank