• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Slow forums

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
I have not been doing anything to post since finishing the Laser rebuild. The wings will be here tomorrow and I'll post the entire airframe complete and ready to go. After that who knows. I do have the Challenger to finish recovering, a 100cc Yak airframe to cover, a Lavochlin ready for a Rx, and the custom Bulldog to build but just don't have the interest. Right now it has taken all I could muster up to repair the Laser.

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
If we are being totally honest, albeit I may be burnt out that never stopped me before, not like this. I think maybe an even bigger factor towards building is whether or not we are going to be able to continue. Maybe this whole FAA thing is putting a bit of a hamper on it and most want to go and enjoy the flying. If we remain capable in this hobby the build can always get started back up.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
If we are being totally honest, albeit I may be burnt out that never stopped me before, not like this. I think maybe an even bigger factor towards building is whether or not we are going to be able to continue. Maybe this whole FAA thing is putting a bit of a hamper on it and most want to go and enjoy the flying. If we remain capable in this hobby the build can always get started back up.

Might poke the bear with bringing up the FAA... :confused: I'm a little disturbed to hear that the USFS has told our club that they will start doing some major projects in a couple years, along with developing the area for more tourism. A town of 33k we saw 1.2 million toursits in less than 6m with a 12-18% increase next year as well... I don't mind folks bringing money into the town, seeing Alaskas capitol city... but to take away recreational activities from locals for more tourists...:very_angry: that strikes a nerve.

They are planning on using our airfield location as a staging area, increasing tourism hours, and thus restricting our little operation down so much to the point were they said we wont be able to fly there. :cryin:
Our club is a few good souls just wanting to have fun, maybe six people who are involved, the other six are just part of the club. With land so hard to come by, we're thinking about opening up to our parks and recreation for some future help. Hopefully we can turn a derelict ball park or open muskeg to a future flying site. What a pain in the rear.

With that said, we have renewed out LOA with the local ATCT that is less restrictive than it was before, and was pretty easy. so that's a good thing.

So yea, a little down, depressed, and a dark long tunnel with just a glimmer of light beyond it. May have to downsize, one day.... but for now, I'm going to have some fun!

acerc

640cc Uber Pimp
That does bite it big time. I have read numerous articles where tourism is generating bad feelings with the locals whom live there. So much for the best interest of their constituents...
Wishing you the best in finding a new field.

AKNick

640cc Uber Pimp
Oh yeah, kids AND work get in the way.

Which reminds me. I don’t think I’ve ever announced it. But I just had my first kid, a little girl, just turned two months!
She makes covering planes harder, never realized how many dangerous things I do that cannot be done near a helpless child ha ha. Take xacto blades for instance.

I “kid” you not, the day I was going to maiden my ARS, I got the call. Halfway through my ground engine run up!

Here she is swaddled up while I think of my next move a little while back.
She’s perfect, couldn’t be a happier first time dad.
3E364E49-03CA-44B2-BAD6-93B031F9F768.jpeg