• If you are new to GiantScaleNews.com, please register, introduce yourself, and make yourself at home.

We're 1st in Giant Scale RC because we've got the best membership on the internet! Take a look around and don't forget to register to get all of the benefits of GSN membership!

Welcome!

Sim sessions!

I just finished creating a static ip and port forwarding and it was not hard at all. I used Simple Static IP and the guide on Portfoward that Phoenix links you too to get the job done. Hopefully that problem last night never happens again.

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
Interesting... I have Realflight... just wondered about Phoenix since you guys seem to be using it a lot lately. Not that I have time for it right now... but in a few months I will have more time to play ;)

3dNater

3DRCF Regional Ambassador
This got me to thinking... If AccuRC does a good enough job approximating the real world it could really help model designers to do virtual prototyping. Imagine just designing the plane in the sim with sufficient detail to make formalized CAD drawings from a tried and tested design. Should make what would take perhaps 3 iterations of design changes down to maybe one or two for a real model.

This got me to thinking... If AccuRC does a good enough job approximating the real world it could really help model designers to do virtual prototyping. Imagine just designing the plane in the sim with sufficient detail to make formalized CAD drawings from a tried and tested design. Should make what would take perhaps 3 iterations of design changes down to maybe one or two for a real model.
That does seem completely possible with this sim. It even sounds like too from their website one could even prototype code in flybarless unit. Hopefully when they get 3d planes there will be some good models to pick from.